PDA

View Full Version : Water District employees

Dirty Water
05-06-2006, 04:10 PM
We installed a neighborhood non-potable water system to 12 houses last month, while trenching (4" pipe doesn't plow well) we snagged a wire related to the potable water mains...The wire was about 5' from the water main locate.

The Water district guy came out, it was some sort of sensor wire for a flow switch. He was there about two hours.

We got a bill for almost a grand a few days ago.

Ripoff???? We called for locate, it was not located, so we shouldn't have to pay it right?

maintenanceguy
05-06-2006, 04:42 PM
If you called markout, you're off the hook. Call markout and tell them what happened.

SprinklerGuy
05-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Sorry for hijack..

I got a bill once for $350 from the cable company for breaking the tv cable when we dug up a 3 inch pop up head for repairs!!!

I disputed the bill of course and the lady on the phone informed me I needed to call for a mark every time I dug in a yard....LOL!!!! I would never get any work done..can you imagine calling for a mark for ever service call every day of the year?

Make sure your marking company told you they would be sending someone to mark that particular company....yesterday when I called for a mark, the lady told me I needed to contact 2 different folks myself as they were not set up to mark for them......silly eh?