PDA

View Full Version : What would you go with

kc2006
05-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Trying to decide which mower I should go with, just want some others opinions (hopefully from people that have the new triton exmarks too).

Looking at a new mower and have the option of A) Last year 60" Ultra deck, 28hp EFI, full suspension seat for $9600, zero hours. Or B)This years 56" Triton 27hp kohler std seat zero hours $8600. Now I originally walked in wanting a 60" 27hp kohler, but like the guys brought to my attention the EFI is going to save alot of cash in gas. They figured it out and when fuel was under 2 bucks a gallon last year it was a $400 savings for X amount of hours (i forget the number of hours they figured). Plus that seat is really nice, so the extra 1000 is really nothing, but it doesn't have the new deck, that's why its cheap. He said the normal price is 10,400 on it I think so he's going cheap just to move the last couple he has. And I remember last year I got a price of close to 11,000 from another dealer for that mower without the seat.

So I'm torn. The seat isn't 100% needed, I never really complained about the old 60/27 exmark we used, but it would be a nice extra, and the extra hp and fuel savings of the EFI would be nice too. But on the other hand I'd like to have the new style deck since everyone says it mows great in damp conditions.

So what would you do? 60" with the nicer engine but old deck, or 56" with the new deck but no seat and smaller "gas hog" engine?

wap2
06-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Just A bit of friendly advice, stay away from the new 56" exmark deck for a while, i am employed at a dealership and exmark is having some problems with the quality of cut with the new 56",,,i have used exmark products for about 11 yrs,and will not change,but i think they do need to get there top dogs on the issues with the new 56"deck. I have talked personally to hundreds of lawn care pros and just about all say that a 52"deck will give the best cut of all(for what it is worth) Good luck with what ever you decide on and happy cut'n

kc2006
06-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Your alittle late. I went with the 56" and had a ton of problems, they ended up buying the mower back and I went with the 60". Your in town too I see, I'm in Youngstown.