PDA

View Full Version : Hustler trimstar 36", Exmark TTHP 36", or distant Quick 36?

ITRY
05-06-2006, 06:47 PM
I need a 36" mower in addition to my 2 dixie choppers. I only want hydro, no belt drives. I tested a trimstar 36" the other day, those controls are awesome! I don't have much experience with the exmarks, but have heard mixed comments. The Quick 36 is a possibility, but I have just never seen one [hard to buy something sight unseen; and with the single hydro, I'm worried about scalping (I do realize it is a fixed deck)]. My dealer quoted me $3995 on the trimstar and $4900 on the tthp. And the Quick 36 is $2595 with the Kawasaki engint. Am also considering the Scag SWZ 36" but am unsure of the price on one of those. Price is not really the issue, just want the best mower. I will not be using a sulke, and this will be used primarily on 1/2 acre yards with some ditch mowing (and on a lot of places that the dixies won't fit into).

Signature Landscaping1
05-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Go for the trimstar, i Have heard many good things about them.

MMLawn
05-06-2006, 07:59 PM
When I recently tested the Quick 36 for TURF I learned alot! The single Hydro is FINE and NO it never scalped with us, not ever. So, Get yourself the Quick 36 with the KAW engine and POCKET the $2000 you save and you will still have a QUALITY COMMERCIAL MOWER with dealer support Second to NONE.....I assure you!

gottamow
05-06-2006, 08:09 PM
I need mower to get throught 36" gates. I'm interested in the Quick 36 after reading the review. Is it very hard to get a mower (39.5" wide I believe) through most gates by tilting it or whatever? I don't really want to go with a 32" mower.

Bill
Jeffries Lawn and Landscape

MMLawn
05-06-2006, 08:36 PM
I need mower to get throught 36" gates. I'm interested in the Quick 36 after reading the review. Is it very hard to get a mower (39.5" wide I believe) through most gates by tilting it or whatever? I don't really want to go with a 32" mower.

Bill
Jeffries Lawn and Landscape

Once we took the discharge chute completely off, verus just turned up, it went through every 36" gate we have.

gottamow
05-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks Mike, and thanks for your review of the Quick 36. I think I'm going to buy one. I think the super-duty with a striping kit.

Bill J