PDA

View Full Version : Advertising on T.V.!? What are some thoughts?

hillibilly
05-06-2006, 08:43 PM
I have decided to place an add on a local cable channel that will show it once every 10-15mins. I was wondering if this works and what a T.V. add would say. I think I will just send in my flyer and have it shown. Any comments will be awsome.

nmez21
05-06-2006, 08:50 PM
A around business advertises about once every 15 min on ESPN. I see it so often that it almost gets annoying, you know what i mean. But if it were just A picture and words im not really sure how annoying that'd be, this "other" commercial I am talking about is 45 sec long. Just a couple of my thoughts, good luck!

ed2hess
05-06-2006, 08:52 PM
I have only seen one commercial company advertise in our area and it is ABC lawn and pest control. This company is the biggest pest company that has started to mow lawns. ON the other hand I never see TruGreen advertise on TV.....all do brouchers or handouts. Would seem like an expensive idea, maybe try radio first.

procut
05-06-2006, 09:45 PM
It isn't really as expensive as you might think. In my area, its $500 to shoot the commercial and then like $1.50-$2.00 each time they run it. I might try it someday. However, I saw a thread on here about cable TV advertising, and those who tried it didn't have the best luck.

topsites
05-06-2006, 09:50 PM
It isn't really as expensive as you might think. In my area, its $500 to shoot the commercial and then like $1.50-$2.00 each time they run it. I might try it someday. However, I saw a thread on here about cable TV advertising, and those who tried it didn't have the best luck.

Something doesn't sound right guys, TV ads are not cheap unless they run on some off-the-wall public service station nobody ever watches. Prime-time channels, there's no way most of us could even afford the down-payment. This is likely why those who tried it didn't have the best of luck, would be my guess.

Just for kicks, I checked into full-page Sunday newspaper ads, then I quickly went to a half-page and by the time I got down to a little box in the back of the paper, I could finally afford it... I found the pecking order from lowest to highest is newspaper is lowest, FM radio is next, then TV is the highest... AM radio fits in there someplace, but even AM isn't too cheap thou it's doable...

I mean, you can try it but whatever you spend has to be spare cash you are not afraid to lose.
That is unless you pwn a 50 or 100-truck outfit, then I am sorry.

JJLandscapes
05-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Something doesn't sound right guys, TV ads are not cheap unless they run on some off-the-wall public service station nobody ever watches. Prime-time channels, there's no way most of us could even afford the down-payment. This is likely why those who tried it didn't have the best of luck, would be my guess.

Just for kicks, I checked into full-page Sunday newspaper ads, then I quickly went to a half-page and by the time I got down to a little box in the back of the paper, I could finally afford it... I found the pecking order from lowest to highest is newspaper is lowest, FM radio is next, then TV is the highest... AM radio fits in there someplace, but even AM isn't too cheap thou it's doable...

I mean, you can try it but whatever you spend has to be spare cash you are not afraid to lose.
That is unless you pwn a 50 or 100-truck outfit, then I am sorry.

what he said who actually watches public channels... and if its a local news station its all old people watching that you wouldnt want to deal with anyway////..... i also think most people would see the ad and be like they are to commercialized and probably have 10k customers and would take them 2 weeks to return one phone call

mike lane lawn care
05-06-2006, 11:40 PM
I intern down at own local T.V. studio, i can place a commercial on the air for free. I can also use thier computer systems to edit and add FX to it. so once i get the commercial finished it will be on the air.

hillibilly
05-07-2006, 08:23 AM
I think we are all on two seperate pages here. LOL Sorry about that.

What I am talking about is a station on basic channel that just about everyone in my community watchs. It has temp and forcasts and has man ydifferent company advertises on it. What it cost a month to have it shown is; $50 a month. Or it may be cheaper,($50 is for the best quality). Anyway I have had LCO that I have talked to that have had alot of bussiness generated from it. I was wondering if they were accualty(sp) right or just shooting BS.

topsites
05-07-2006, 09:55 AM
I think we are all on two seperate pages here. LOL Sorry about that.

What I am talking about is a station on basic channel that just about everyone in my community watchs. It has temp and forcasts and has man ydifferent company advertises on it. What it cost a month to have it shown is; $50 a month. Or it may be cheaper,($50 is for the best quality). Anyway I have had LCO that I have talked to that have had alot of bussiness generated from it. I was wondering if they were accualty(sp) right or just shooting BS.

Well if it's only 50 dollars, I'd be inclined to throw a bill that amount their way just to see what happens, but don't be disappointed if nothing comes of it, or expect no miracles and you will not be disappointed. You never know, for 50 bucks why not? It won't hurt but it may do nothing.

MarcSmith
05-07-2006, 10:38 AM
you're talking abouthe news and info channel that shows communtiy events, closing, ect. Usually a blue screen with white text....or something like it....

For 50 bucks a month its not horrendous., but that person has to be watching the channel at the same time your ad pops up and want yoru service... Id spend the 50 bucks on a dedicated ad in an HOA news letter in a nieghborhood you are tryingto target. Better chance of getting to your audience

Bustus
05-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Just make sure that its focusing on your target market and that people in your target market actually watch the channel.

dtelawncare
05-07-2006, 11:49 AM
In my town, we have a cable channel that is dedicated to advertising. Most of the ads are real estate listings. Some of the very successful businesses around here have ads on tis station. People watch this channel looking for advertising. I have never priced it, but I think I have seen them stating ads can be run as low as $25 a week. I have seriously thought about getting one of these ads myself.