PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander Guys Please Help

Mr Ricochet
05-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Long story short. I mow with an Exmark Metro 48 belt drive with a Pro Slide. My lawns look freakish with the stripes that combo lays down. I demoed an Exmark 48 hydro with a floating deck today and was amazed at what can be done with a hydro. Now I must have a hydro...........Now my question, there is no doubt in my mind that a Stander will be faster than any Exmark, sulky combo I can put together but, the Exmark combo will leave the lawns looking like a ball field................ What do you Stander guys do to lay a stripe? It's not my customers that have gotten used to the look of the stripes, it's me. Go down any block where I have an account and you know immediately which houses I've done. I don't want to give that look up but, I would like to go as fast as the Stander and still stand out..............I have a lot of respect for the Stander but, I want those stand out stripes.......Any suggestions before I make that Exmark TTHP 48 my mower?

jtkplc
05-06-2006, 11:30 PM
The Standers I use lay a great stripe with no striping kit. I bet if you add one it will do realy well. I also use a ProSlide, and I don't know if you can beat the awesome, defined stripe they lay. I don't think, however, that it will matter that much. You stripes will still certainly stand out and look very attractive. Good luck, you will love the Stander. :waving:

GLC51
05-07-2006, 02:36 AM
I cut at 3.5 inches all season till the end and then i drop down for last couple of cuts. I tried making a roller and I rigged up some chains but both are a problem when backing up. Now I use a rubber flap. Let's see if I can attach some pics.

MTR
05-07-2006, 02:59 AM
Long story short. I mow with an Exmark Metro 48 belt drive with a Pro Slide. My lawns look freakish with the stripes that combo lays down. I demoed an Exmark 48 hydro with a floating deck today and was amazed at what can be done with a hydro. Now I must have a hydro...........Now my question, there is no doubt in my mind that a Stander will be faster than any Exmark, sulky combo I can put together but, the Exmark combo will leave the lawns looking like a ball field................ What do you Stander guys do to lay a stripe? It's not my customers that have gotten used to the look of the stripes, it's me. Go down any block where I have an account and you know immediately which houses I've done. I don't want to give that look up but, I would like to go as fast as the Stander and still stand out..............I have a lot of respect for the Stander but, I want those stand out stripes.......Any suggestions before I make that Exmark TTHP 48 my mower?

Stander is little bit faster but it won't leave stripe like you have with eXmark.
I would not hesitate to get 48" TTHP over Stander, it is the best WB in the market, imo. Stander will set you back additional $1400-$1500 over eXmark TTHP.

Mr Ricochet
05-07-2006, 07:59 AM
I cut at 3.5 inches all season till the end and then i drop down for last couple of cuts. I tried making a roller and I rigged up some chains but both are a problem when backing up. Now I use a rubber flap. Let's see if I can attach some pics.
Very professional looking, nice work. Thank you for your effort to post those pics. Also thank's to everyone else who shared their knowledge.............For anyone who started with a belt drive and was then exposed to a hydro you can understand my dilema. Throw striping, hills, ditches, weight, speed, trailer space, floating deck, upgrade to a rider, bagging capabilities, deck height changing capabilities, terrain, the different dealers and of course price into the equation and, a simple mind like mine is easily overwhelmed..........I'll figure it out somehow and, with the thoughts that you guys share it will work itself out. One thing is sure, they are both amazing machines and, I would be lucky to own either.......................Thanks again to all of you for your effort in helping me out.

LawnGuy73
05-07-2006, 09:37 AM
The Stander stripes very well, I made a striping kit out of an old truck bed mat fot mine. It took about 30 minutes to cut and install, it lay really nice strips now.

Watkinslawnservice
05-07-2006, 10:42 PM
where did you guys attatch the rubber flap on your standers, and how wide is the flap? Is it the same width as the cutting deck?