PDA

View Full Version : toro's mulching kit for wb's

ajlandscaping
05-06-2006, 10:20 PM
just a few questions about the mulching kit for the toro wb's im thinking about getting one if it helps cut up grass alot on lawns that grow quite a bit in one week just a few questions if you can answer any of them thanks in advance

can it mulch the grass up enough where it on lawns where you cut maybe 2 or 3 inches off that it will not lay clumps or long blades on the lawn?

does it affect the power of the mower in any way?

are you satisfied and recomend this upgrade?

topsites
05-06-2006, 10:53 PM
....?

I dunno, I have two Toro 30197 48" fixed decks, they're both technically called grand toro recyclers... I never knew you needed a special kit for mulching on a recycler thou I'm willing to stand corrected, I've been mowing with both of mine for years and never had a problem with them 'as is.'
The only time I get technical about a mulching kit is when a customer insists I bag, I've been known to try that line of my mower does not bag because it has a mulching kit installed... Nowadays I prefer honesty so just telling them it's a recycler and not designed for bagging should do it also but if that doesn't work, I don't bag and thank you.
Because it always was, still is, and always will be a recycler.

lawnboy dan
05-07-2006, 09:40 AM
my new toro 32 came with the recycler kit but my old one w/out actually mulched better. switch the stock blade to a gator and it will preform much better. most of the time there is no need for a second pass. the gator really makes a differance