PDA

View Full Version : Sides or No Sides

T. Wheeler
05-07-2006, 01:33 AM
Do y'all prefer sides on your trailers, like wooded or expanded steel or No Sides at all. I could see sides being good for alot of mulching, but I think it looks better with no sides, Just supports on sides. Just seeing what everyone else's thinks.

Thanks,
Trevor

SOMM
05-07-2006, 01:54 AM
For the mowers we got 24" angle iron posts and rails with stamped mesh in between, especially when it comes to hauling away brushpiles. Most materials are delivered to our jobsites by the supplier's tandems or triples.

For the weight of the bobcats and loaders, sides not necessary, but 3-4 axles and 4 ratchet bars are!

stroker51
05-11-2006, 11:25 PM
I've got a 16 flatbed w/2x12 wood sides, and I just ordered a new 18' flatbed that I plan to do the same with. By having wood sides instead of tall expanded metal or rails that are permanenent, if you ever need to go get a pallet of sod or block or whatever all you got to do is pull the sideboard off, let them load you up, haul it to the job, pull it off again and unload w/ the skid steer.

chevytrucks84
05-11-2006, 11:32 PM
i just bought a new 18 foot trailer w/ the stake pockets and LOVE it. i made 2x12 sides and plan to make them taller in the front to protect plants from wind. but it is great for everything being able to remove the sides (removing brush, loading pallets, scooping off mulch, and the list goes on) i have a small 12 foot trailer w/ angle iron sides and like my new one MUCH better