PDA

View Full Version : Demo Dynapac 4 stroke Jumpin Jack

Squizzy246B
05-07-2006, 09:23 AM
We had this machine out last week for a demo. It seemed a lot easier to use than the Wackers we have been running and much quieter. The air cleaner is easy to service, the little choke control is a bit fiddly but the combine throttle/fuel shutoff/and kill switch control lever is great to use. Love the Honda.

Squizzy246B
05-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Here's a few more...any you guys in the States or Canada run Dynapac???...apart from the control lever I couldn't see the slightest difference between this and the Bomag.

ksss
05-07-2006, 02:06 PM
I have an IR 4 stroke jumping jack with a Honda. Finally someone has put an engine on it that can be worked on. The 4 strokes are noticably heavier than the two stroke models. Its an handfull moving it around. Not bad once its running and it packs well. It was a concern at first because it is also slower than a Wacker two stroke. I was concerned we were not getting compaction. Perhaps the extra weight helps.

Squizzy246B
05-07-2006, 07:34 PM
The Dynapac is about 14lbs heavier than the two-stroke but has a larger pad. It seems to run about the same speed as the wacker and we got good compaction down to 30" but this was in well prepared moist sand. We found it much more stable to operate and easier to control. We'd buy it on the noise reduction alone.

wanabe
05-07-2006, 08:10 PM
I have a dumb question to ask. What advantage do compactors like this have over the kind that are low to the ground? I have only used the wackers that sit low, so I have no clue. Thanks

ksss
05-07-2006, 08:24 PM
I think your refering to a "jumping Jack" verse a plate compactor. If so the difference is the amount of material that can be compacted at one time. The jumping jack will compact more material at one time and is more rough terrain friendly. The plate compactor is use for flat areas where lifts are no more than 4-8 inches of material and the end result is a smooth compacted surface usually for concrete, asphalt or paver prep. The jumping jack is used in tight areas such as footing back fill, utility installations etc. I have seen specs on some jumping jacks that say you can take a 36" plus lift. That would have to be ideal conditions. I usually don't compact that much at a time with a hoe pac.