PDA

View Full Version : Where 2 get SOD - NNJ Passaic County ( West Milford)

mexiking
05-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Hi to all of you familiar with the West Milford/ Ringwood / Wanaque Area, what is the best place to buy sod from? I bought Sod the other week from a Clifton place and the sod is all dying on the customer I installed it on... What's the best place to get sod from? Do you guys think the place where I bought sod from should replace it? I ordered it for a monday to be delivered & Picked up. I installed it the same day and I came back this saturday to the customer's house and it looks like the sod had been rolled up for a few days and not same day. I have to replace around 50 rolls from 230 installed. They've been watering every day by the way so it's not that...

JS Landscaping
05-07-2006, 10:25 PM
There is a Sod farm in Pine Island NY, about 30 minutes from West Milford. Pine Turf I believe its called. When I go to my office tomrow morning I will get thier number for you. What kind of turfgrass was it?

James
JS LANDSCAPING

mexiking
05-07-2006, 10:34 PM
There is a Sod farm in Pine Island NY, about 30 minutes from West Milford. Pine Turf I believe its called. When I go to my office tomrow morning I will get thier number for you. What kind of turfgrass was it?

James
JS LANDSCAPING

thanks
it was kentucky bluee grass

are any of these the one you're takling about?

Yellow Pages - Listings Report Incorrect ListingsReport Incorrect Listings listingsSelect a listing... (Close)
Debuck's Sodding Farm
107 Debucks Drive, Pine Island, NY 10969
(845) 258-4131
phonephone | map Add to MyInfo AddressBook
Save to Outlook

Be the first to rate this business
Rate It
Pine Island Turf Nursery Inc
1081 County Route 1, Pine Island, NY 10969
(845) 258-2505
(845) 258-2505 (fax)
business profile | phonephone | map
Website http://www.pineturf.com
Add to MyInfo AddressBook
Save to Outlook

Be the first to rate this business
Rate It
Pine Island Turf Nursery Inc - Growers of Fine Blue Grass
1081 County Route 1, Pine Island, NY 10969
(845) 258-4545
phonephone | map

NNJLandman
05-08-2006, 12:55 AM
I go to Pine Island Turf which you have listed there, they have really good sod and like I said I have used them before and dont have any complaints about them.

mexiking
05-08-2006, 09:09 AM
I go to Pine Island Turf which you have listed there, they have really good sod and like I said I have used them before and dont have any complaints about them.

they don't have anything available until the fall time... wt.afdas :dizzy:

AintNoFun
05-08-2006, 11:30 AM
i know the sod farms down here are GETTING KILLED by the lack of rain/snow. was talking to the the owner of a sod farm down here the other day and he said a few sod farms up north, i guess in your area are begging him to let them buy his sod so they can supply there customers....

they don't have anything available until the fall time... wt.afdas :dizzy:

JS Landscaping
05-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Pine Island Turf is what I was talking about. Very good guys there, easy to work with, try the other one tho. Anything grown out there is good, Onion Capitol.

James
JS LANDSCAPING

mexiking
05-08-2006, 11:34 PM
none want new customers :(

NNJLandman
05-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Have you tried Dan Como in Towaco/Montville? Try him, someone must be selling sod around here because I saw a local company laying a bunch of it the other day at a house here in Butler. I know the guy Ill try and ask him.

Jeff

mexiking
05-09-2006, 08:17 PM
thanks , gime their info man