PDA

View Full Version : Help with dead grass problem

dblyellow
05-08-2006, 04:28 PM
I have a customer with a large patch of dead grass in an otherwise pristine St. Augustine lawn. I have checked for chinch bugs and web worms using the water/can method and found nothing. I checked irrigation and it is fine. I don't allow anyone on my crew to touch roundup (after I found foot prints from roundup on shoes from front of another house to the back) and I am overly careful with it. No smells from some other contaminants either. Any suggestions?
JD:hammerhead:

PMG
05-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I am not sure of your area, being in Florida since I am in PA, but up in the northeast we have trouble with Grubs, now you may call Grubs, "web worms" so I am not sure.

The easiest thing to do is actually dig some of it up to see what is under it...bug wise, if that yields nothing. I would recommend testing the soil, from either of those you should be able to proceed from there.

One other thought...How old is the house. When contractors build new homes they dig a hole in the ground and bury all there left over debris. Over time it degrades and depending on what they buried, it may be releasing contaminants into the ground killing off the area.

Just a couple of thoughts from our end.