PDA

View Full Version : realtor cuts

paul3251
05-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Has anyone ever like called or done business for a realty company?like house they have for sale or cuts they need done.please tell me opinoon on this

WalkerMike98
05-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Cheap, Cheap, Cheap. As long as its cheap they will hire you. At least 90 percent of them. I am sure this does not apply to all but the majority anyway.

Dunn's
05-08-2006, 11:56 PM
If you do work with a realty company make there bill due/ or make them pay before the next cut. In my experiences they almost always try to get out off paying. Cheap a$$3$$.

topsites
05-09-2006, 12:03 AM
I categorically refuse to work for realtors, at least on their properties for sale. Thou I do have one as a customer, I service their home and our relationship started long before one became a realtor so the issue of cheapness never bothered, but overall the cheapness has been my experience as well and is the reason I won't work for them, at least not 99% of the time.

jameson
05-09-2006, 01:03 AM
Has anyone ever like called or done business for a realty company?like house they have for sale or cuts they need done.please tell me opinoon on this

I have had great experiences working with 'our' realtor. We have known her (she is a client) for years and she deals with high-end accounts. She throws 3-5 jobs our way per year, some real suh-weet ones at that.

Get in good with the ones that deal with the movers-and-shakers of your area. You will be thankful.

James

DJ Contracting
05-09-2006, 07:57 AM
I don't like working with them, they usually wait till the grass is very tall and only want to pay for a reg cut. :confused:

Premo Services
05-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Yes, I have done work for realtors, my wife is one of those.
I have done some good size jobs and have never had a problem with prices or gertting paid for the work. I am going to be going to accepting credit cards this year and they will be paying with a cc card.

CutInEdge Lawn Care
05-09-2006, 03:28 PM
I enjoy getting calls from realtors, especially the old man realtor. They are the cheapest bunch I have ever dealt with. I did do work for one realtor that had a house across the street from one of my employees. He kept pushing the envelope on getting it mowed, till it was past the point of no return. His on call LCO machines were not capable of cutting the grass with their HD Cheapo. I dont care if it's your friend or not, it will come the time that they will dump you for even $2.00 less per cut. Even if the service is $100 less in quality. My one time cut for that yard was 1/2 what the other guy charged him all yr. I dont jack up the price but you have to know your shinola when doing these props or you will get eaten real quick. All the while they are getting richer and you are having to buy cheaper and cheaper equipment to stay afloat. And then you break down and I and several other LCO's swoop in and pick your gravey accounts that you cant get to which makes all the difference.

4curbappeal
05-09-2006, 05:06 PM
I am a Realtor and also have lawn maintenance company. In my area we are paid very well for homes on the market, as well as bank foreclosures. We can pretty much name our price. Especially if I have the home listed. (ha ha)!

Give it a shot! It just might work out well for you!

PMLAWN
05-09-2006, 05:45 PM
The nice thing about the same question being answered all the time is you can just copy and paste the same answer. Her it is from last week--

"OK I will go the other way.
1st thing is to find a true Realtor- not some goof ball with a lic. that sells 10 homes a year.
You need to find the person that really wants to provide top service for their clients. This is the agent that knows how to stage a home and what it takes to make it sell. These are the agents that are doing 7-8-9 or more million a year. These agents need reliable service providers and will pay for them. When it comes time to prep a house for sale they will call you because you are good --which makes them good-- which puts money in both your pockets. An real estate company that has a property management department is also good to do business with.
The main thing to remember is that professionals deal with professionals-- So you need to be a true professional before you can sell to one. Lots of money to be made in real estate and working with real estate people. But everyone must be First Class to play.
I am bias though as I am an agent
Another point is that you need to be somewhat flexible with time-- If you have a full week of maintenance and you are solo it may not work well for you. It will not be steady work. If you build a relationship with a few it can be better work for you."

Kubota130
05-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Most of the properties we mow are bank foreclosures they are cheap between $15-20 a yard but we have close to 50 properties in the summer so it isn't to bad...the quality is not the best but nor is the pay. We find since we started doing the foreclouses the realitors that have the properties listed hire us to do other properties they have listed, leading to more work and more money!

RC

Scottscape
05-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Just because you have 50 of them doesnt mean you should charge less. This is one way I got undercut.. I had 84 properties for a real estate companys and they wanted them cut every 2 weeks in prime season and these properties were all within a 5 mile radius. still I dont charge under $30.00.

landscape guy
05-09-2006, 10:00 PM
I have a rule from expereince i will price way over what would normaly for realators and nurses. One thing i learned about realators that if they don't pay and you promise to take legal action they pay instantly, because the realestate companys get very upset about being asked for money.

jameson
05-09-2006, 10:02 PM
I have a rule from expereince i will price way over what would normaly for realators and nurses. One thing i learned about realators that if they don't pay and you promise to take legal action they pay instantly, because the realestate companys get very upset about being asked for money.

Okay, so whats your beef with nurses?

James

Precision
05-09-2006, 10:10 PM
I do mowing work for one realtor. A personal friend of mine. And that just cost me $170. So now she goes in the pot with the rest of them $20% more and paid in advance.

They are cheap, the client is cheap, and you get to cut EOW or less often at reg cut prices and you will always hear all the other lawns they will line up for your if you do a good job on this one. Yeah right.

Below cost on one or below cost on 20 neither is a good business decision.

barefootlawnsandlandscape
05-09-2006, 11:17 PM
I work for the trust department of a local bank, they pay on time and good and have given me about 8 accounts this year. Skip the realtors and go straight to the people who have a vested interest in the properties.

Brianslawn
05-09-2006, 11:29 PM
nothing but problems.

if they use credit card, then we'll accept them

Precision
05-10-2006, 07:10 AM
nothing but problems.

if they use credit card, then we'll accept them

Another acceptable practice.

But they really are not worth the trouble regardless or volume.

Some mow and blow guy here cut a property near my house for a realtor. Property had not been cut in 6 months. I talked to him while he was doing it. I told him to be careful of the poison ivy. He asked where. I showed him a 2 inch thick vine on the fence.

2 man crew 3 hours (1/4 acre corner lot) He got $45.

In addition, the broke a belt on his lawn tractor and was mowing and discharging all the poison ivy vine that was on the property.

Lets just say he now knows why you don't work for realtors.

65hoss
05-10-2006, 07:26 AM
Most dealers are just like used car salesman...I don't trust them and I can't stand doing business with them. They are cheap and bad about not paying.

Kubota130
05-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Just because you have 50 of them doesnt mean you should charge less. This is one way I got undercut.. I had 84 properties for a real estate companys and they wanted them cut every 2 weeks in prime season and these properties were all within a 5 mile radius. still I dont charge under $30.00.

We don't only mow the lawns at these house we do all the maintence of the houses (snow removal, clean up, repair damages...) as well as actually repo the house so if you total it up its a good chunk of pocket change! We also have between 15 and 25 properties that mow and conduct snow removal...that is where the bulk of the money from lawn care comes from/

RC

Brendan Smith
05-10-2006, 03:57 PM
i do some work for a developer, and he always sends the check the day after he gets my invoice. he knows i'm fair and never even asks for an estimate because he trusts me. maybe he's an exception, but when he calls, i fit him in. sometimes get a whole season out of a prop if there is major remodeling, etc to be done before the home is ready to sell. each situation can be different i guess.