PDA

View Full Version : h2b

gturf
05-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Just wondering has anyone had any problems with the H2B program? We are currently using a company that is heavily advertised on this website. Other companies in our area have already received their workers, and we haven't.

Brianslawn
05-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Just wondering has anyone had any problems with the H2B program? We are currently using a company that is heavily advertised on this website. Other companies in our area have already received their workers, and we haven't.

same problem here. shouldve been here 2 months ago. we had to turn down a couple very large accounts cause we didnt have them. luckily i found a local salvidorian family thats been real good workers. only reason i tried h2b is cause i spend that much in help wanted ads annually and usually get no qualified responses.

no probs until guys were supposed to get their visas at consulate and come here. dont know whos at fault.
still very upset.

griffy77
05-10-2006, 03:09 AM
I was curious about this too. I looked into the same sponser here but I didnt care for the guy I spoke with. The whole deal sounded a little shady. I am not going to pay a bunch of money up front and hope that I get some employee. If I get someone first then I will pay

Let me know if you ever get your H2b.

I met with a local greenhouse owner this weekend who uses H2As and said she loves them. She is going to be put me in touch with who she uses.

Iam sick of babysitting drunks and people that dont want to work, waste of my time and money advertising. I am going the H2b route next year.

ed2hess
05-10-2006, 05:43 PM
I am not an expert on this but here is what I know....if you have returning workers those get processed first. However, after we got our first one back in March then stopped processing non-ag guys. Last week they sent a notice that a new process would be in place for returning workers and it would only take 2 weeks. Now if you are getting new workers that quota was reached in late Dec for this year. We are awaiting congress to up the quota....no outlook. This whole process stinks...we have been working for 3 years and have put several thousand dollars in the program and so far we 4 guys in Sept of last year and one so far this year. Why is the people sneaking across...wonder why!!

Marcus Drake Consultants
05-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Both companies above had their request for appointments filed early March. The consulate put all appointments on hold since they were over loaded. We have received about 8-10 companies (about 100-200 men) per week for processing before that. Now they issued a new procedure effective May 1 but not received until May 6. We contacted the consulate to determine if they would give priority to the appointments at hand and we just found out that they would not.
In speaking with the management of the new program with are confident that we can now fast track the pending companies. (Please do not file directly with them allow us to do it for you.) I am certain the appointments will be soon.
We fully understand the problems the delay caused but this was entirely out of our hands. All filing and certifications were prompt and complete.
With regard to the post above regarding us as "shady" we would be pleased to issue references for all the companies we have helped. This has been a very difficult year and I do not think the consulate in Mexico was geared up for this volume and it was complicated by the returning workers category and demands of the Dept. of Homeland Security.

Marcus Drake Consultants
05-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Both companies above had their request for appointments filed early March. The consulate put all appointments on hold since they were over loaded. We have received about 8-10 companies (about 100-200 men) per week for processing before that. Now they issued a new procedure effective May 1 but not received until May 6. We contacted the consulate to determine if they would give priority to the appointments at hand and we just found out that they would not.
In speaking with the management of the new program with are confident that we can now fast track the pending companies. (Please do not file directly with them allow us to do it for you.) I am certain the appointments will be soon.
We fully understand the problems the delay caused but this was entirely out of our hands. All filing and certifications were prompt and complete.
With regard to the post above regarding us as "shady" we would be pleased to issue references for all the companies we have helped. This has been a very difficult year and I do not think the consulate in Mexico was geared up for this volume and it was complicated by the returning workers category and demands of the Dept. of Homeland Security.

Brianslawn
05-11-2006, 12:14 AM
like i said before.... everything has been just fine and smoothly until consulate visit appointment was set up. i was told consulate was overloaded, but sounded like a month delay was all. this is my first experience with this process. company appeared to be most reputable of all the ones i checked into. i been screwed several times locally by christian arkansans. i dont know whos at fault, but was giving them the benifit of the doubt.

i never said anything about shady. that was someone else.

absolutelawnman
05-13-2006, 08:34 AM
I filled out the paperwork with the above referenced company and as everyone else was happy until I found out that they were unable to get my guys here on March 15, then April 3, then April 15. I began to think something was up.

However, now that I have received two of the four guys, I know that it is to no fault of the above company. The delay is due to the consulate, I am not saying this because I now have my two guys, but because in talking to the two of them, they are waiting and as anxious to get here as we are to have them. They are literally sitting by the phone waiting on the call and when they receive it they immediately go for their interview and upon passing they immediately head to your part of the country. They said that everything is a mad-house down there.

Now, I only received two of the four guys and that is no fault of the above company either. One of the guys was in the immigration computer, the other had someone using his name and they had to do more background checks on him, however it is estimated that they will be here in 2-3 weeks. Sure, that is now the middle of the season, however I still need the workers and will hope that next year my returning H2B will be processed sooner than all of the others.

It does amaze me that all they hype about the workers should come here legally, and when we the employers and the workers try to do this, the governments delay us by 2 months. No wonder people are coming across in less than approved methods.

My advice, hang in there and keep following up with the company.