PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Master Key

raschmid07
05-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I am looking for a Bobcat master key for my uncle's general contracting company to help manage the fleet of skid steers. He wants to have a master key for himself when he visits the jobs, mainly because they all run a different key right now. Should I go to the dealer and order a key or is there somewhere on the internet i could order one? Thanks for your help.

murray83
05-10-2006, 05:50 PM
i'd go straight to the dealer honestly,can't always trust ebay might be a lil more money but better than buying a fraud key

all ferris
05-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Thats funny because I'vr used my bobcat key in many different loaders and it always works.

Kepple Services
05-10-2006, 10:43 PM
All bobcat keys are the same....

turboawd
05-11-2006, 09:48 PM
i think pretty much most equipment maker's keys are universal per brand.

Scag48
05-11-2006, 10:10 PM
I hate how all the machines from any manufacturer runs with the same key, really makes it hard to keep thieves from taking a machine or even vandalizing a machine for that matter. Anyone could get into our machine's fuel tanks or service doors and do some pretty good damage if they wanted to, but I think we're pretty safe living in a really small community.

oldrustycars
05-12-2006, 12:49 AM
ive never seen a Bobcat that didnt run on the same key. recently we rented a couple Case skid loaders which i didnt know about. i needed to move one, but didnt have a Case key..the bobcat key worked. all Cat equipment runs on one of two keys. when i was driving lowboy we had a ring of about a dozen keys that worked on darn near everything.

janb
05-14-2006, 01:34 AM
so.... what is preferred skid / equip job site security measure (short of hauling away everyday (most of my sites are pretty remote, i.e. no resident w/ shotgun)

1) hidden fuel shut off? (don't like the idea of running inj pump dry)
2) hidden battery cut-off?
3) handle locks
4) other ?

Dirty Water
05-14-2006, 10:30 AM
We replaced out keyswitch with a push button and put a hidden toggle switch on the machine.

Itsgottobegreen
05-14-2006, 11:49 AM
This is why I am getting the bobcat key pad start in my machine shortly. My buddy has it and after playing with it I got to have it. Not only from the santity factor. But the easyness. If you have a attachment that requires electronic control, it will tell you what controls do what to run the attachment.

Kepple Services
05-14-2006, 11:52 AM
I have keyless on all 3 of my machines...the keys are only for the doors and fuel cap now.

oldrustycars
05-14-2006, 12:01 PM
we have padlocks on engine covers, and disconnect wires to the fuel solenoid, which you can feel but not see on Cat skidsteers. Our machines often sit in the worst chicago neighborhoods, only lost one on the last 5 years.

ksss
05-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Since CASE started offering battery disconnects on their machines I have been ordering them that way. I like it.

Mike33
05-19-2006, 10:03 PM
bobcat owner agree 1 key fits all.
mike

Tigerotor77W
05-20-2006, 09:57 AM
oldrustycars: there was once a Cat SSL that I couldn't start, but the lights all lit up when I turned the key (the engine simply didn't turn over). Is this why? How do you check if the wires are or aren't disconnected?

The local Cat dealer locks the seat bar in the up position, so that the machine's implement (loader arms/bucket) and travel are locked. What about bigger equipment, though? Simply disconnects and then lock the grille door to the disconnect?