PDA

View Full Version : Just got my license. Ready to hand out flyers

ChadD
05-10-2006, 06:13 PM
I searched for my first thread, but couldn't find it. Just thought I'd post an update. I got my license a few days ago, made a flyer, and I'm ready to print them out.

The only services I'm provideing are cut, trim, edge, and yard cleanup. I'm in NC, Cabarrus County, and I'm pretty sure I don't need any permits to do that kind of stuff. I'll do additional services if somebody requests anything. Just hove to see how it goes.

Next step is handing out the flyers. Hopefully I get at least two yards per week.

Thanks to everybody who has given me advise so far!

Chad

P.S. I took aerating off my flyer because I don't have any insurance. My wife says somebody could get upset if their lawn doesn't turn out perfect afterward and I could be liable. True or false? I'd like to add that and fertalizing (maybe seeding) to my services.

green boy1
05-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I searched for my first thread, but couldn't find it. Just thought I'd post an update. I got my license a few days ago, made a flyer, and I'm ready to print them out.

The only services I'm provideing are cut, trim, edge, and yard cleanup. I'm in NC, Cabarrus County, and I'm pretty sure I don't need any permits to do that kind of stuff. I'll do additional services if somebody requests anything. Just hove to see how it goes.

Next step is handing out the flyers. Hopefully I get at least two yards per week.

Thanks to everybody who has given me advise so far!

Chad

P.S. I took aerating off my flyer because I don't have any insurance. My wife says somebody could get upset if their lawn doesn't turn out perfect afterward and I could be liable. True or false? I'd like to add that and fertalizing (maybe seeding) to my services.

How much do u guy charge for lawn maintenance service in NC.

Im living now in Florida maybe relocating to Thomasville NC

landgator
05-10-2006, 09:02 PM
I would check with the town(s) you work in to make sure you don't need to have to have town permit or a privilege license. I service Craven and Carteret Counties in North Carolina. You should get your state pesticide license as well. You need it to apply fertilizers and pesticides for compensation. I have a min charge of $40, most yards are $50. I'am new in the business as well. Good luck to you...

ChadD
05-11-2006, 03:47 AM
Yeah, I needed a privilege license here in Concord. I'll have to look into a pesticide license.

Thanks! And Semper Fi. I just got out last May. Has it already been a year?
Chad

MowForLess
05-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Insurance is a must. I would reccomend that be the first check you write out of your account before even buying weed eater string. You never know when a pesky rock will jump from beneath your mower and hit a window or even worse!!!