PDA

View Full Version : Business insurance DROPPING me?!?!

mowingtowing
05-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Hartford Insurance, who i thought was a great company to have insurance through for my business, has put me up for nonrenewal next year. They say the reasoning is because ive added snow plowing to my buisness and they dont insure people/contractors/businesses who do any snow plowing.
Does this sound right? Any one else have that problem? I know of another lawn company in my area that does alot more snow plowing then me and they have insurance through the Hartford and hes never had a problem. WTF over???

lawnspecialties
05-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Not really sure about the snowplowing. Not too much down here:laugh:.

My first year as an LCO, I was insured with The Hartford. It was right about $750 per year, liability and theft/fire. The next year, for no reason, it went to $1070 pre year. No claims were filed and no real changes from me. NO REASON! Needless to say, there was only one year I dealt with that "wishy-washy" organization again.

mowingtowing
05-10-2006, 10:26 PM
i dont like them at all, they asked me how much of the income was from snow plowig and i said less then .5% (more like less then .1% because i just started plowing with my truck the last storm of the year), none the less, they still have me up for nonrenewal. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

lawnspecialties
05-10-2006, 10:39 PM
i dont like them at all, they asked me how much of the income was from snow plowig and i said less then .5% (more like less then .1% because i just started plowing with my truck the last storm of the year), none the less, they still have me up for nonrenewal. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Do you own a home or have your auto insurance with someone else? I have my vehicles, house, and wife's ring insured with Nationwide. They don't like to do liability insurance for a business but will if it's for an existing customer. Really good price, too. Just a thought.

Splicer
05-10-2006, 10:45 PM
I too have vehicles/business insurance thru Nationwide. Have for years...Great company, I recommend them. If I ever need anything with my policies I call and its a done deal...

scagwildcat
05-10-2006, 11:07 PM
i live in ct. HARTFORD IS the cap. OK, SO HEAR GOES, YES THEY CAN DO THAT! THEY HAVE DONE IT TO ME... they say that you are a high risk to them every time you put a plow on your truck!!

scagwildcat
05-10-2006, 11:10 PM
i forgot to tell you about how they want people to pay extra insurance for your plow, but then in the summer your rate will not go down......

JJLandscapes
05-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Hartford Insurance, who i thought was a great company to have insurance through for my business, has put me up for nonrenewal next year. They say the reasoning is because ive added snow plowing to my buisness and they dont insure people/contractors/businesses who do any snow plowing.
Does this sound right? Any one else have that problem? I know of another lawn company in my area that does alot more snow plowing then me and they have insurance through the Hartford and hes never had a problem. WTF over???

maybe your driving record?

mowingtowing
05-12-2006, 06:54 AM
driving record is as clean as can be, no accidents, no tickets, nothing.