PDA

View Full Version : Dump Trailers with Landscape Gates????

Newguy25
05-11-2006, 01:23 AM
I only have found one Manufacture with a product like this, and it is Bri-mar. They make a 6x12. Anyone know anyone else that makes a dump W/ the landscape gate??? I want bigger than 6x12. Also anyone have one and will a skid steer fit??? Is the gate strong enough to load one?? I have a small operation and would like to use just one trailer for eveything if it is possible. One man show here! If anyone has pics please share! :drinkup: :usflag:

FearThisDeere
05-11-2006, 06:59 AM
IMO, I would not want a landscape gate on a dump trailer nor have ever seen one. Wouldn't all your loaded material fall through the holes, or is there something preventing it? If you are going to be loading a skid steer, I would just get a dump trailer with a set of good strong heavy duty ramps. I know that they make some trailer that have built in ramp holders and are dump trailer. Might be the way to go for you. Here are some links that I know of. Good luck!

http://www.hhtrailer.com/05GooseneckDumpBoxTrailer.asp
http://www.draggintrailers.com/dump%20trailers.html

Jpocket
05-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Yea Umm..............how would you dump it? lol;)

NEUSWEDE
05-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Yea Umm..............how would you dump it? lol;)

like this!

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35792&d=1113164615

Have had mine a year, I have the landscape gate and the regular gate. I have seen guys reinforce the gates to run skids up them. Mine is a 6x10 so no skid but I have loaded a walk behind mini skid Bobcat MT 52 ( like the toro dingo) up the ramp and in. Works great! I think it was an extra $295 for the gate saved me lots.

Jpocket
05-13-2006, 09:44 PM
whatever works for you i guess.

LawnScapers of Dayton
05-13-2006, 10:51 PM
That is the same thing I have be thinking about doing also.....one trailer......for maintenance and clean ups.....

D

Newguy25
05-13-2006, 11:21 PM
How do u like the bri-mar???? Do you still like it or do you wish you went with something different? I am lookin at the 6x12 with the landscape gate. Still wish they made something a little bigger. I want one trailer to do as much as possible mowers, mulch, firewood. skid steer etc. I am a one man operation. Can I fit a skid steer in it??? How is dumping with the Gate??? Do u have to move forward alot to get it all out. U mentioned another gate was that through Bri-mar or did you go custom?? Thanks!

lx665
05-14-2006, 08:08 AM
My dump trailers is 7 x 14 with a 14,000 gvw rating. My gate swings open and also will open like barn dooors. I have ramps that came with the trailer to load mowers and my skid steer. The trailer is low profile. If you are thinking of hauling skid steer get a heavy duty trailer that is low profile.

John

NEUSWEDE
05-14-2006, 10:37 AM
How do u like the bri-mar???? Do you still like it or do you wish you went with something different? I am lookin at the 6x12 with the landscape gate. Still wish they made something a little bigger. I want one trailer to do as much as possible mowers, mulch, firewood. skid steer etc. I am a one man operation. Can I fit a skid steer in it??? How is dumping with the Gate??? Do u have to move forward alot to get it all out. U mentioned another gate was that through Bri-mar or did you go custom?? Thanks!

I like the Bri-Mar, only wish is that I got the 6x12. Bulit very well. I am sure you can fit a skid in a 6x12.

No problems dumping with the gate except with brush, because you get brush stuck in the expanded metal.

The other gate I was talking about was the regular 2 way gate that comes with it the landscape was an add on.

good luck.