PDA

View Full Version : 2001 ford 250 super duty

bruce household
05-19-2001, 09:32 PM
I own a lawn care service company and own a F-250 super duty. After mowing all day, I have the grass in the back of the bed and the back bumper is about dragging on the ground. The grass is level with the cab of the truck. IS THIS NORMAL? I bought this with the intention of carrying this type of load, is anyone else having this problem?

thelawnguy
05-19-2001, 10:37 PM
No problems here...then again I bought a Dodge so's not to have that problem...

KirbysLawn
05-20-2001, 01:02 AM
I don't have that problem...I don't bag grass clippings. Why would you bag that many clippings a day? :confused:

Seriously, does not sound normal to me, I have a 99 F250 SD and have had a pallet of fert while pulling my trailer and had a near level rig.

John DiMartino
05-20-2001, 10:17 AM
I dont know if you have a 4x4,but I do know that on the 4x4's there can be a 4" of 2" rear block under the leaf springs-the late ones now have 2" blocks,due to complaints of the truck being to high to tow 5th wheels with,Ford lowered the blocks to 2",now if your truck sits level,empty,the this is why-they never lower the front-so when you load it,it squats.See if you can get the 4" blocks,Im sure they have a set laying around,since they must have installed a bunch of lowering kits.This will raise your truck 2".F250's usually have plenty of spring for their rated payload.

bruce household
05-21-2001, 08:23 AM
I am heading down to the dealership now.my one buddy said they had to install another spring in is.I dont understand why they wouldn't tell you that at the dealership because it makes a big difference. thanks

Dockboy
05-23-2001, 12:04 AM
Bruce,

I would recommend exactly what John said. I have replaced my rear 2" blocks with 4" blocks also. Not because of what you described, but because I raised the front 3", then raised the rear 2" for a level look.

As far as load carrying, I regularly carry 15-20 bags of Portland Cement(1400-1800lbs.)in the bed while towing my 9,800lb. skid steer trailer with 650lbs of tounge wieght. In fact, if you look at the pics. in my sig., you can see the truck loaded exactly as described above. It's only squating slightly with stock rear springs.

If your truck is not handling at least the published load wieght, I would have the dealer replace the rear springs because they are probably defective. I had my front springs replaced 3 mos. after I bought the truck because they were defective and produced a front end sag.

Hope that helps,

Greg