PDA

View Full Version : pricing question

godzilla
05-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Let's say that you give a price to a person to do XYZ, and for that price that person has to do certain things. If the person doesn't hold up to their end of the bargain, do you still need to honor your original price?

PGA
05-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Your going to need to be a little more specific.

godzilla
05-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Ok. You give a price to a customer to put in a patio and retaining wall. Customer says alright, but is an excavation contractor and says he will do the digging himself. You go to install the patio and retaining wall, the digging wasn't done to spec which makes more work for you. You've already agreed to a price before hand. Would it be wrong of you to ask for more money afterwards?

Prolawnservice
05-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Ok. You give a price to a customer to put in a patio and retaining wall. Customer says alright, but is an excavation contractor and says he will do the digging himself. You go to install the patio and retaining wall, the digging wasn't done to spec which makes more work for you. You've already agreed to a price before hand. Would it be wrong of you to ask for more money afterwards?
you make a new agreement once you find it has not been dug properly. Not after the work is done already.

godzilla
05-12-2006, 09:50 PM
That wasn't the situation... the actual situation was rather different, I just don't want to get into too much detail.

PGA
05-12-2006, 10:41 PM
If the digging wasnt done to spec I wouldnt of started on the bricklaying.

Green Grass and More
05-12-2006, 11:34 PM
If they didn't hold up their end, they shouldn't feel that the price is still good. You now need to do more work which to me means I would give a new quote and reasons for that. And if they don't like it, then they can go and find someone else.

Josh