PDA

View Full Version : When do you hire help?

FiremanDud
05-13-2006, 12:21 AM
I'm not at the point of hiring a crew any time soon but am wondering when did you guys make the jump from being solo to hiring a help. Is there a set number of lawns or income when you should? I have only been in buisness for less than a half a year and have started to turn people down because I just don't have the time to cut there yards. I already have a full time job and want some day's off to spend with wife and kids. But if I can make this business grow some how and make it worth my wild then I would like to know how you make the jump? Thanks

topsites
05-13-2006, 12:47 AM
I tried it once or twice, made more money by myself, ain't had nobody since.

SuperiorLandscapeMgmt.
05-13-2006, 01:21 AM
I would say it depends on your situation,truck equip.,dumpsite.How many lawns you mow in a day and at what price?

FiremanDud
05-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I mow about 8 per day(9-2 p.m), have a total of 15, two half day's. Almost all are 100 per month a couple are 150 per month.

Natural Impressions
05-14-2006, 02:48 AM
basically when you are busy 5-6 days a week with other estimates coming in and your not sure you are going to keep up. Your losing some work or passing on some estimates. Maybe it's time to find a part timer ( NOT A FRIEND)...Find someone you can groom to be the right worker...most employees are idiots.