PDA

View Full Version : Driveway drops?

Dashunde
05-13-2006, 05:19 PM
I've been thinking about putting flyers in zip-locks with a candy bar (or something that wont melt) and tossing them onto driveways.
It would allow me to cover a lot of ground very quickly.

Has anyone done this? How well did it work?
Did you get chewed-out for "littering" by anyone?
They do basically the same thing with those freebie add-infested news papers.. so.. I figure I'd be safe as far as the cops go (littering).

topsites
05-13-2006, 05:42 PM
It works so-so but yeah you will likely get a few calls complaining...

The best way I found is to get a roll (get 2-3) of 1/2" masking tape, and tape the flyer to the (hold on) mailbox POST or POLE ! Do not tape it to the mailbox itself, but it is perfectly legal to tape it on any part of the construction that holds the mailbox.

So what you do is tear off 1-2 inch strips of tape and stick these on the dashboard as you drive down the wrong side of the road SLOWLY. Then when you get near a mailbox, get a piece of tape and half-sticker a flyer (with a piece of tape left over), then stick it to the post or pole.

That's how we used to do it, 180 or so an hour (but that's pushing it), but you can target neighborhoods that have no paperboxes and you know what that means :rolleyes:

1MajorTom
05-13-2006, 09:50 PM
We have not done that before, nor will we. I'm not fond of the idea.
Since we have not done it, this is only speculation, but my thought is this.
It reeks of laziness, and if something was dropped in my driveway, I would probably not even see it and run it over, or else be ticked that I had to walk down the drive to pick it up. Just my opinion.

lawnman_scott
05-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Yes it works well. When I did flyers that is somewhat like what I did. I would get one or two people a year that would complain, nothing to worry about.