PDA

View Full Version : New logo!! What do you guys think?

Jay's Lawncare
05-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Okay, please feel free to give me constructive criticism on my new logo

Remsen1
05-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Very nice jay.

Envision
05-13-2006, 10:40 PM
That is a really nice logo, did you do it yourself?

Good work!

jmurphy
05-13-2006, 10:41 PM
I like it!!! Good logo!!

29 Palms Property Management
05-14-2006, 01:50 AM
That's really nice Jay. I like it alot!! :drinkup:

JJLandscapes
05-14-2006, 11:22 AM
looks good just remember when you advertise affordable you are going to get a lot of cheap people calling you that think affordable means working for $10 an hour as a mexicann

Jay's Lawncare
05-14-2006, 12:56 PM
That is a really nice logo, did you do it yourself?

Good work!
no, actually a friend of mine did it for me, let me know if any of you guys need help with your logos.....jay

dcplace2004
05-14-2006, 03:16 PM
You will get people like this POS that called me and said that she had her lawn done for 60 dollars a month last year (probably lying)...She was taken aback when I did respond to her statement by "Well, I think I can beat that price ma'am." And you know what...you gotta here this...she is the dean of the business program at the university! I literally loathe idiots like this...she chose some idiot to do it for that price THIS YEAR WITH THE GAS THE WAY IT IS! Probably did not have insurance, a business license, a UBI number, etc...You scrub a dubs do know that if you are cutting lawns without a business license it is illegal - you do know that right? Get legal like I did...I am still stuggling with my business, but by golly I am doing things the right way including the charging...This lady will get a letter from me concerning this subject ONLY, ONLY because she is a dean of the business program...I want to square her POS azz away...am I out of line? I could care less...I hope I lose the account from her college buddy 3 houses down after she talks to him about the letter (And this idiot referred her to me!)...I am going to square her away on the business aspects of lawn care including Costs of Goods (COGs) and Market Values, Licenses, insurance, etc...I have limited knowledge of business, but I now enough to instruct her...imagine that, she said that the idiots last year cut for 15 dollars a week...how much do you think YOU would net out of that? I don't let things like this slide...the letter IS worth my time...

dcplace2004
05-14-2006, 03:17 PM
I think the logo is good...again, perhaps do something with the affordable...

hickslawns
05-15-2006, 02:17 AM
I agree with the rest. Looks nice. Maybe try Quality instead of affordable. Or reliable. Hard to find quality or reliability in your competition most of the time.

LawnGuy73
05-15-2006, 08:53 AM
What color truck is this going on?

Jay's Lawncare
05-15-2006, 05:00 PM
I agree with the rest. Looks nice. Maybe try Quality instead of affordable. Or reliable. Hard to find quality or reliability in your competition most of the time.
I think I am going to just take affordable out altogether and just leave it as professional only

Jay's Lawncare
05-15-2006, 05:04 PM
What color truck is this going on?
probably white

scottco
05-15-2006, 06:49 PM
this looks terrific!

One thing I might suggest...since the logo has several colors in it...make sure your graphic designer also provides you with a really good black/white version as well. Sometimes multiple color logos (when used in black/white uses such as newspaper or yellow pages ads, business card, etc) can come out not looking as sharp as what you have here. So ask for a good black/white version as well...to make the best of it. Even if you don't plan now to use it in black/white (or even less colors) -- the graphic designer can create a version that will work with less colors than you have (showing varying shades of grey, etc.). The reason I suggest this is that when I've used a colorful logo in these "black/white" venues, it can look really "muddy" -- so just ask for a good b/w version.

This will also help you reduce printing costs in case you ever want to do a b/w business card or brochure -- you'll have a nice version of the logo on file to use for that.

PS -- this shouldn't cost you anything extra from the designer -- it should be a standard thing they provide you..but you might need to ask them for it.

Jay's Lawncare
05-16-2006, 02:22 PM
this looks terrific!

One thing I might suggest...since the logo has several colors in it...make sure your graphic designer also provides you with a really good black/white version as well. Sometimes multiple color logos (when used in black/white uses such as newspaper or yellow pages ads, business card, etc) can come out not looking as sharp as what you have here. So ask for a good black/white version as well...to make the best of it. Even if you don't plan now to use it in black/white (or even less colors) -- the graphic designer can create a version that will work with less colors than you have (showing varying shades of grey, etc.). The reason I suggest this is that when I've used a colorful logo in these "black/white" venues, it can look really "muddy" -- so just ask for a good b/w version.

This will also help you reduce printing costs in case you ever want to do a b/w business card or brochure -- you'll have a nice version of the logo on file to use for that.

PS -- this shouldn't cost you anything extra from the designer -- it should be a standard thing they provide you..but you might need to ask them for it.
okay didnt think about that, good thing it is a friend of mine so it shouldnt be a problem, thanks for your input

Lux Lawn
05-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Jay,Logo looks great.Glad to see that you are going to take out the word affordable.But if it were me I would take all of the writing out and replace it with a phone number.

Jay's Lawncare
05-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Jay,Logo looks great.Glad to see that you are going to take out the word affordable.But if it were me I would take all of the writing out and replace it with a phone number.
its a logo, not necessarily an advertisement its not just for my trucks, but also for my letterhead and business cards...thanks for the input though

Reliable Lawns
05-16-2006, 05:58 PM
I second that!!! Great looking logo!!!!

L&LNewbie
05-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Don't forget the apostrophe in Jay's.

Jay's Lawncare
05-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Don't forget the apostrophe in Jay's.
wow, never saw that...lol....thanks newbie

AintNoFun
05-21-2006, 09:39 PM
looks good, 2 things, lose the affordable and do you do irrigation systems because the sprinkler in your logo leads me to believe you do?

Jay's Lawncare
05-22-2006, 08:27 PM
looks good, 2 things, lose the affordable and do you do irrigation systems because the sprinkler in your logo leads me to believe you do?
actually I dont, it is a subtle reminder for my clients to water their lawns....lol