PDA

View Full Version : Our new cutting rig, and our new dump

syzer
05-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Here they are, let us know what you think. The box truck is going in on Wednesday for lettering, and we are working on the dump.

http://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/IMG_9779.jpghttp://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/IMG_9776.jpg

http://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/IMG_9783.jpghttp://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/IMG_9788.jpg

http://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/IMG_9789.jpg

syzer
05-14-2006, 12:40 AM
http://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/Picture_067.jpghttp://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/Picture_065.jpg

http://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/Picture_061.jpghttp://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/Picture_062.jpg

ALarsh
05-14-2006, 01:54 AM
Wow thats IMPRESSIVE. Do you focus on hardscapes or mowing? What will you be using the dump for? Little info about the business? Looks fantastic...

mcwlandscaping
05-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Wow thats IMPRESSIVE. Do you focus on hardscapes or mowing? What will you be using the dump for? Little info about the business? Looks fantastic...
what ^^ said, thats very impressive, gotta love the black

mcwlandscaping
05-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Is that an SLT??? it looks like one

mulcahy mowing
05-14-2006, 10:18 AM
nice SLT, we need more info!

LawnInOrder
05-14-2006, 11:01 AM
what ^^ said, thats very impressive, gotta love the black

The black really looks good. How much that set you back if you don;t mind me asking? LawnInOrder

syzer
05-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys!

Alarsh: We do it all, landscape install/construction, maintenance, and even erosion/drain control. The dump will be used to hall debris, trees, rock, soil (only about 5 yards) planting material, etc. It will be fitted with a switch-n-go hopefully in a few months to make it even more versatile so we can mount a huge leaf vacuum, hydroseeder, mulch blower etc in the future.

Mcwlandscaping:

Thanks! Black is a bear to keep clean, but its very classy and elegant looking, we love it.

It is indeed a super lawn truck.

Mulcahy Mowing:
Thanks man, the truck is an 06 GMC(isuzu) NPR purchased brand new and sent to SLT to have it all retrofitted. We opted for the 40g gas tank and the 14g mixed fuel tank, maximizer side door, and some other options I forget. I ordered all green touch enclosed trailer holders for the inside which should be here very soon. Cant wait to get things organized in there.

The dump is an 02 Isuzu NQR with a gvw of 18,500 pounds. The dump is custom built 14'x5' high with tarp and area above cab for wheel barrows. Truck has 130k on it, but is in excellent shape.

LawnInOrder:

All in all the SLT ended up setting us back about 57k. A lot of ppl gawk at the price, but to us its very worth it. IT has already set us way apart from our competition. PPL at gas stations always walk up and talk to us about it. Every customer we have had has specifically come out and mentioned it. This is the exact kind of attention we were looking for. Not to mention its so nice and efficient and an absolute pleasure to drive. Our high end customers are proud to see it parked outside of their houses, and our high end condos/apartments love to see it and lots of compliments there as well.

This is what it will look like when it goes in on Wednesday for stickers, or course they wont be crooked =).

http://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/ab.jpghttp://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/a.jpg

http://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/blacktruckfront.jpghttp://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/blacktruckback.jpg

mcwlandscaping
05-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Wow, Very Impressive!!

mulcahy mowing
05-14-2006, 12:21 PM
keep up the great work! AMAZING FLEET!

ALarsh
05-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Nice vette. All that at 27? Must be doing something right.:drinkup:

guntruck
05-14-2006, 02:05 PM
:laugh: Nice vette. All that at 27? Must be doing something right.:drinkup:

LOL I wish but that is not our Vette, the truck was parked at the decal design place where they had a vette there getting detailed. Syzer and I almost drove it into the back of the lawn truck .

:laugh: :laugh:

Lawnworks
05-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Dang! That is a 70k truck! I hope the mexicans treat that one right! What is the payment on that thing? How was your stay Warner Robbins?

guntruck
05-14-2006, 11:43 PM
The labor WILL treat it right, and our stay down there was short, we flew in to Atlanta, drove to Bonaire, and left witht he truck. What was nice is we met Tony Bass's father as well as himself and his kids, great great people. We checked out his shops and actually spent the afternoon with him. Not sure if you know he owns Bass custom Landscapes, quite a large company with 20 or so of these lawn trucks, a very successful fellow and very nice guy.

J&R Landscaping
05-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Thats alot of money for all that but if you have the work for it, its worth it! Fleet looks very nice! What kind of mower is that in the back of the truck? Kinda looks like a husqvarna...

ALarsh
05-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Its a hustler.

kemmer
05-15-2006, 04:51 PM
y is the air deflector in the front of the cab with all that space in between...it seems more aerodynamic if its right up against the box

guntruck
05-15-2006, 06:42 PM
You know I kind of thought so too but the factory in OR said to mount it up front its actually better, they have done the testing. So we mounted it up front. Without it the truck looks like a turtle =).

y is the air deflector in the front of the cab with all that space in between...it seems more aerodynamic if its right up against the box

guntruck
05-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Thats alot of money for all that but if you have the work for it, its worth it! Fleet looks very nice! What kind of mower is that in the back of the truck? Kinda looks like a husqvarna...

Very true, were fortunate enough to do well enough to invest in nice equipment that pays for itelf in time. And yes the mower is a 60" Super Z with the XR-7 deck.

Willofalltrades
05-17-2006, 08:48 AM
ooo oooo ooo I want it!

mag360
06-13-2006, 09:35 PM
nice stuff

mag360
08-11-2006, 11:13 PM
How 'bout an update. Is the lawn truck proving to be very efficient?

kemmer
08-12-2006, 12:23 AM
what did the dump set you back?

South Florida Lawns
08-12-2006, 07:41 PM
All you need is some dark tint on the windows and it will be perfect.

One question, are those trucks slow? I hear they are dogs and way under powered from a few, Then somebody told me the bigger engines were a better match and they could also tow a trailer as well.

Fast or not those cabover Isuzu trucks are the way to go, I give your's a 10/10.

Scag413
08-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you have nice equipment it really does help a business.

bkdlawnCo
08-13-2006, 11:32 PM
i'm jealous

syzer
08-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Thanks a lot guys!

KLC99:

We have already done a good bit of business off of the graphics and looks of the trucks alone. We have also taken on a lot of jobs that we wouldn't have been able to have we not had those trucks. They were a bit pricey, but the best decision we could have made and really sets us apart!

Snowyleaf:
The dump came in at just under 29k I believe.

SFL:
I know =P, we are going to put some 35 I think maybe something a bit lighter on the windows as soon as we get some time to stop running them. Really busy season!

As far as dogs certainly not. The 06 box truck is very fast for what it is, I can keep up with most cars off the line if there not trying to race =), and thats with a full truck. The dump is the same way, though only 175hp so when I put like 16 yards of mulch int here is takes a bit to get going and tops at about 50mph going up fairly steep grades, but not bad. Much better then I thought it would be. From what I understand they get their bad reps from the older ones that have like 130hp which would probably make these guys dogs.

Scag:
Thanks man! It has certainly helped us a lot.

BKD:

Thanks =P...get your self one!

neogeofan
09-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi you have a nice setup. How long does it take for the ramp to open and close

guntruck
10-08-2006, 09:50 PM
The ramp opens and or closes in a matter of 40 seconds or so. You can adjust it on the valve body.

RedMax Man
10-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Sharp looking trucks!! I see you got a crew cab on the SLT, does that mean you have more than 3 guys in the truck or do ya just like the extra space?
Can you get the SLT on other trucks than just Isuzu and GMC? How bout on the new Ford LCF and International low cab forward trucks.

Grass-Masters
10-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Wow! That should say it all. Hopefully we can get there one day.

guntruck
10-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Sharp looking trucks!! I see you got a crew cab on the SLT, does that mean you have more than 3 guys in the truck or do ya just like the extra space?
Can you get the SLT on other trucks than just Isuzu and GMC? How bout on the new Ford LCF and International low cab forward trucks.

Not sure, I would contact Gary from SLT and ask, I believe they only carry the Isuzu. And yes we have more than a 3 man crew many times in the truck. We actually just finished budgeting for next year and will have a 3 man install crew in the dump and a 5 man crew in the SLT. We did alot of switching around this year and it caused much frustration.

syzer
10-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Redmax:

The gate is put on a morgan box body. So as long as the morgan body which seems to be among the most popular fits those trucks, they can put a gate on. Everything is hand built in their shop, so they can actually do what ever you want if you are willing to pay. I wish I knew that before hand I would have had many more goodies added!

Caruso:

They trucks are really reasonably priced for what they offer, drop them a line, you may be surprised. What they do for your company and image is amazing!

Awesome web site by the way, did you design it?

cutbetterthanyou
12-16-2006, 07:49 PM
where are you from in maryland ? i am on the eastern shore .my companys name is precicion also ,and i also have all black trucks and trailers. thought it was kind of strange

syzer
12-17-2006, 08:41 PM
We are located in Baltimore, MD more specifically White Marsh area. YOu have any pics of your stuff?

coolbreeze
12-22-2006, 09:54 AM
do you have any pics of the inside now?

horizonmowing
12-22-2006, 11:24 AM
I like it, but that is going to be HOT in the summer.

cutbetterthanyou
12-26-2006, 11:49 PM
not right now ill get some when i get back iam going out of town a couple weeks

howardsells2000
01-19-2007, 06:30 PM
We are located in Baltimore, MD more specifically White Marsh area. YOu have any pics of your stuff?

I live in Middle River and saw your trucks today for the first time. They look great. I see you put a snow plow on one. I wonder how that is going to work. I live near Benjies Drive Inn.

I just wanted to say your trucks look awesome.

Good Luck
Howard

KrayzKajun
01-19-2007, 06:46 PM
WOW!!!! I hope to have a setup like that one day!

syzer
01-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I live in Middle River and saw your trucks today for the first time. They look great. I see you put a snow plow on one. I wonder how that is going to work. I live near Benjies Drive Inn.

I just wanted to say your trucks look awesome.

Good Luck
Howard

Thanks a lot! You must have seen them up on Eastern Ave. Thats the new shop we just recently picked up. Working with the county now and hoping to get a nice shop put up there in the next year or so.

Stop in and chat sometime! We are usually there piddling with something!

Thanks Krazy!

Youngbeginner
01-30-2007, 02:06 PM
The trucks look excellent, are there any pictures of your work on LawnSite?

syzer
01-30-2007, 03:43 PM
The trucks look excellent, are there any pictures of your work on LawnSite?

Thanks! I dont think I have uploaded any pics, I will try to get some up and post here this evening.

baddboygeorge
01-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Its all about the show an thats one hell of a show!!

cutbetterthanyou
03-08-2007, 07:32 PM

sorry it took so long I just posted some in the pic forum

F.O.S.
03-09-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm jealous... Congratulations.Nice, new equipment is always exciting. I can only imagine what it would be like to be able and look at something like that and know that it was mine and something that I worked hard for. Hope it works out good for you, as I'm sure it will.

syzer
03-09-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm jealous... Congratulations.Nice, new equipment is always exciting. I can only imagine what it would be like to be able and look at something like that and know that it was mine and something that I worked hard for. Hope it works out good for you, as I'm sure it will.

Thanks bro! We are very proud of our equipment. I love seeing the trucks on the street =).