PDA

View Full Version : strobe lights on west coast mirrors

AintNoFun
05-15-2006, 07:35 PM
quick question ive notived on some guys tandems and triaxles that they have strobe light beacons mounted on some type of bracket to the top of their west coast mirrors. ive been searching all over the 'net and cant find any. does anyone had any suggestions? thanks

gene gls
05-15-2006, 08:59 PM
quick question ive notived on some guys tandems and triaxles that they have strobe light beacons mounted on some type of bracket to the top of their west coast mirrors. ive been searching all over the 'net and cant find any. does anyone had any suggestions? thanks

You need the strobe lights out of eye sight or you go "bonkers" watching the flash. I put a set at the cornners of my head board when I had my new body built and the flash in the mirror was the same effect.

Scag48
05-15-2006, 09:55 PM
http://www.awdirect.com/awdirect/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&itemid=16765&secid=68&linkon=subsection&linkid=202

Check that out, those are Starburst mini's with a mirror mount option. Their output isn't blazing at 3 joules with 70 quad flashes but they're mini strobes and they will fit on a mirror.

AintNoFun
05-15-2006, 10:31 PM
scag, thanks, thats exactly what im looking for but 4 watts is kinda weak. im better off hanging xmas lights or a candle up there. lol...

http://www.awdirect.com/awdirect/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&itemid=16765&secid=68&linkon=subsection&linkid=202

Check that out, those are Starburst mini's with a mirror mount option. Their output isn't blazing at 3 joules with 70 quad flashes but they're mini strobes and they will fit on a mirror.

Scag48
05-15-2006, 11:02 PM
I had some 5 joule double flash Federal Signal Firebolt's on my maintenance trailer, they pretty well, they were cheap, but the next strobes I'm getting for our F450 is at least 10 joules.

Cam22
05-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Whelen makes mounts for the West Coast mirrors. For the most part they are made for the Micro Edge and such lights but I think they can be used with other 360 heads and self powered strobes.

That said, I hate them. Your better off finding a place higher up to mount your lights.

nac
05-19-2006, 10:42 AM
All you need id the strobe light you want use and a set of CB antenna brackets you have to open the strobe light pull the light out drill a hole in the base so you can bolt it to the CB antenna bracket and mount to the mirror. I did this on my frieghtliner easy took about 5 min. will take a pick when I go to my yard.

jazak
05-19-2006, 03:33 PM
All you need to do is take the truck down to a truck specailist and they will cut the mirror and put the strobe in with all the wiring. When they put the strobe in they should put a chrome backplate on the strobe so the mirror does not look like it was cut.