PDA

View Full Version : Hey Exmark, Scag or Hustler why not revolutionize WB's and offset the deck?

HenryB
05-15-2006, 09:03 PM
I must be missing something. If standing behind the WB (in the operator position) Why not move the deck over about 8 inches to the left. By doing this the walkbehind or rider has a lot more trimmability and more importantly one could manuver the machine through gates. Centering the deck doesn't seem to have any advantage.

ed2hess
05-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Some of the machine scalp now , wouldn't it be a lot worse with it off set? We use 20" trimmers to get around the edges.

all ferris
05-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Ferris 52" DD walkbehind is off set by about 4".

K c m
05-15-2006, 10:57 PM
I must be missing something. If standing behind the WB (in the operator position) Why not move the deck over about 8 inches to the left. By doing this the walkbehind or rider has a lot more trimmability and more importantly one could manuver the machine through gates. Centering the deck doesn't seem to have any advantage.

move it 8inches to the right. Trimming with the open part or the shoot side is the best way to trim. Took me a while to learn it but it does very well.

PaulJ
05-15-2006, 11:31 PM
move it 8inches to the right. Trimming with the open part or the shoot side is the best way to trim. Took me a while to learn it but it does very well.

NOt when you have a grass catcher on:rolleyes:

I think the machines witha centered deck cut more ecenly and are easier to line up and keep straight.
My 48" has about 1/2" on either side and I like it that way. no worry abut the edges scalping and turning and trimming is still no prob. wiht a hydro.:)