PDA

View Full Version : Business Plan?

Surf'n'Turf
05-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Who here on this site has actually sat down and created a business/ marketing plan? Have you followed through with your plan? What did it contain?

Surf'n'Turf
05-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Nobody???? I suppose it's better conversation to talk about a dead cat??? :confused:

Team-Green L&L
05-17-2006, 08:38 PM
If you want to make it you have to build both a business and marketing plan. I would love to help you with this, but these are private issues. Check out a software called Business Plan Pro. It will make this job quite a bit easier.

All_Clear
05-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Yes i have one for my own personal use. Have never tired to use it for financing. It's good to set goals. Know what you want and how to obtain it. Without a plan where is your business really headed??

Here are 2 good guide/layouts for anyone interested.

All Clear

Roger
05-17-2006, 11:27 PM
I posted this thread several months ago with ZERO replies.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=134437

Regrettably, too many folks are concerned about mowing speeds, how many lawns can I cut in one day, blade sharpening, shiny duals on a shiny truck, and the like -- too many other things to have concern than to worry about a good business plan. It should be no secret why the turnover in this business is so high.

Surf'n'Turf
05-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Roger, I thought the same thing! Post something ridiculous and I'd get 100 replies. And I was even going to post the score site, too. Turns out, one of by better clients retired at aan early age and got involved with them....getting me involved, too. Great, undervalued resource, IMO. Again, www.score.com for those interested. And turnover? Maybe there is a reason....no plan!

Team Green, I know how to create a biz plan and I'd not ask that those that view this think they have to post the inner workings of their business....just curious as to how many have actually done one and stuck to it.

All Clear, thanks for the outlines. You are on the right track in your thinking, and I hope this will help others think before they do.

tlwmsu
05-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Who here on this site has actually sat down and created a business/ marketing plan? Have you followed through with your plan? What did it contain?

Started on the business plan last month and still working on hammering it out.:hammerhead:
Will do a marketing plan after that is complete.:clapping:

ALarsh
05-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Yes I have one. I haven't stuck to the 13 pages 100%, but pretty darn close.