PDA

View Full Version : Tainted Mulch from flood zones???

Dogbonz
05-17-2006, 01:40 PM
So I'm talking to my mom today, shes in Tennessee, and she says there talking about watching where you get your mulch from, something about if it comes from the hurricane flood zones, there's a bunch of yucky stuff in there you don't want in your garden? I told her i've heard of no such thing up here or on Lawnsite. anybody else hear this nonsense?:hammerhead:

LawnGuy73
05-17-2006, 02:30 PM
I've been heard that to, don't know if its true or not, but I've heard it.

Fantasy Lawns
05-17-2006, 02:37 PM
That's what they do down here ... piles upon piles of derbi .... they sub contract to have it brought to the main land fill ..... they grind it up ....resi's come n get it fore free or they use it on county or state areas

They do NOT re-sell it to bulk dealers thou

J&R Landscaping
05-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Just a way to scare customers and convince them not to have mulch put down this year. I've lost 8 mulch jobs this year because of worried customers. All my distriutors get it local so I'm not worried! I've put down mulch at my house this year and have seen no termites or any insects or nothing!

nmurph
05-17-2006, 03:01 PM
do a search........we discussed htis topic 2 months ago...pretty much debunked........

olderthandirt
05-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Just a way to scare customers and convince them not to have mulch put down this year. I've lost 8 mulch jobs this year because of worried customers. All my distriutors get it local so I'm not worried! I've put down mulch at my house this year and have seen no termites or any insects or nothing!

I've pick up a lot of mulch jobs because of the scare thats going around. Just told them my mulch is all locally ground as opposed to what you might buy from somewhere else and its been a gravy train. Its not my job to prove the myth true or false just to take advantage of it:waving: