PDA

View Full Version : curved shaft vs straight shaft trimmers

blakes estates
05-17-2006, 02:13 PM
I use straight shaft ttrimmers what is the pros cons on a curved shaft trimmer?

jmurphy
05-17-2006, 05:42 PM
With a curved shaft trimmer you have to bend down further and have less reach. They also arent as powerfull as straight shaft trimmers and the straight shaft trimmer can accept many types of attachments.

topsites
05-18-2006, 01:12 PM
With a curved shaft trimmer you have to bend down further and have less reach. They also arent as powerfull as straight shaft trimmers and the straight shaft trimmer can accept many types of attachments.

Correct, because MOST straight shaft trimmers have a solid axle where the curved shaft trimmers have a flex thing (I don't know what it is called but it's the thing in the center that turns the head, like an axle). Some straight trimmers have flex axles so watch out for that because those trimmers will not accept attachments but all curved shafts run flex axles.

upidstay
05-19-2006, 05:21 PM
For just general weed removal, both do the same job. Straights are usually a little stronger and better for tall, thick grass. I have found that my tall workers like the straight shaft, and the shorter folks like the curved ones. I'm 6'2 and the curved ones give me a back ache from all of the stooping. If you plan on using it for a brush cutter, get the straight.