PDA

View Full Version : help with truck

RSK2
05-17-2006, 07:52 PM
hi guys
give me some info on this

there is a ford f350 4x4 169.365 miles on it. it is at a auction this week
how much would you bid on this truck body is not to bad but has some rust on it has 3 good tires so i would have to get new ones any info thanks :dizzy:

oldrustycars
05-17-2006, 08:19 PM
its at an auction, you know nothing about it, i wouldnt bid any more than you'd be willing to throw away. you dont mention the year, engine, trans, single or dual wheel....could be beat to death. whats the situation at the auction? people about to get rid of stuff dont usually maintain it.

RSK2
05-17-2006, 08:52 PM
hi guys
give me some info on this

there is a ford f350 4x4 169.365 miles on it. it is at a auction this week
how much would you bid on this truck body is not to bad but has some rust on it has 3 good tires so i would have to get new ones any info thanks :dizzy:

the truck is a 1987 ford f350 dump diesel 4x4
the guy had a landscape co. he past away last year thats why it is a the auction he has more things to
a bobcat with 5345 hours on it how much would you bid on that to thanks guys
thats all the info i have right now

oldrustycars
05-18-2006, 09:17 AM
those early 6.9 diesels are nothing but trouble. expensive trouble. and maybe 2-3 thousand on the bobcat, but then i dont like any bobcats for any reason.

LindblomRJ
05-18-2006, 11:06 AM
The 87 should be the first year for the 7.3. No more than $3500 for the pickup. Either engine is not cheap to fix or replace. Seems like (if memory serves me right) injectors and glow plugs are main trouble spots on those diesels.

FrankenScagMachines
05-18-2006, 12:16 PM
The 6.9's and some 7.3's also suffered from Cavitation issues, which is when the owners don't use proper coolant additives and the coolant passages in the block get eaten away and eat into the cylinders and other internal vital areas... ruins the block, no fix for it but preventative maintenance... You can get coolant additive test strips at a dealership or diesel shop, and test the coolant on the spot to find out if its got the additives in the coolant or not. The truck would be an awesome work horse if the motor is good and the tranny is strong. The BobCat is surely worth more than a few thousand but I don't know... wouldn't surprise me to see the truck go for at least $5k, it is after all 4x4 dump and diesel...

oldrustycars
05-18-2006, 02:31 PM
the glow plug issue on these was great for the starting fluid industry. ive seen guys spray half a can into these trying to get them going, which im sure didnt do the engine any good.