PDA

View Full Version : need new trailer

zim bob the landscaper
05-17-2006, 10:12 PM
i need a new trailer by the end of the year i have all the equiptment in my signiture. i have a heavy duty 5*8 trailer and i dont know if i should get a 5*10, 6*10, or 5*14,or 6*14. what do u think is best i really need a new trailer. also landscape trailer, enclosed what? new or used?

mike lane lawn care
05-17-2006, 10:55 PM
look for a 6x12 or a 5x12, then you can get all of your equipment on the trailer, for you, because you are young(like me) i would go with an open landscape trailer. try to get one with wood flooring or composite decking, i have the mesh flooring, i like it, it's lighter but i can't anchor anything into the floor. an enclosed is good, but i can't justifty the expense, around here security isn't an issue.

i would add on trimmer racks and Gate assist, so as not to strain your back, creating future problems.

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
05-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Im young too and I got a 20ft enclosed, 12ft open, and 14ft dump. Id deff. say go with the enclosed. Probablly the 6x12. When we got the 6x12, it got too small after the first summer we had it so you might want to consider that and how much your gonna grow. With the enclosed you dont have to unload and load all the time or if it rains or something. And if you need to, it can be locked up and parked. Just my .02. Good luck man.

zim bob the landscaper
05-18-2006, 02:17 PM
look for a 6x12 or a 5x12, then you can get all of your equipment on the trailer, for you, because you are young(like me) i would go with an open landscape trailer. try to get one with wood flooring or composite decking, i have the mesh flooring, i like it, it's lighter but i can't anchor anything into the floor. an enclosed is good, but i can't justifty the expense, around here security isn't an issue.

i would add on trimmer racks and Gate assist, so as not to strain your back, creating future problems.
thanks for the advice man i will probably get the 6*12 i need a new trailer before next year because its going full time next year. my brother will be graduating and he also needs a new truck to also a mower probably a tank Z wing or a simplicity. so expence is big here.

zim bob the landscaper
05-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Im young too and I got a 20ft enclosed, 12ft open, and 14ft dump. Id deff. say go with the enclosed. Probablly the 6x12. When we got the 6x12, it got too small after the first summer we had it so you might want to consider that and how much your gonna grow. With the enclosed you dont have to unload and load all the time or if it rains or something. And if you need to, it can be locked up and parked. Just my .02. Good luck man.
well you got your lisence i dont so my dad drives me until my brother gets his and he is almost 18. also my 21 year old brother doesnt have his liscence.:rolleyes: thats what sux big time.

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
05-18-2006, 10:06 PM
well you got your lisence i dont so my dad drives me until my brother gets his and he is almost 18. also my 21 year old brother doesnt have his liscence.:rolleyes: thats what sux big time.

Nope I don't yet auctually.

zim bob the landscaper
05-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Nope I don't yet auctually.
o sorry bout that. i thought you did.

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
05-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Nah wish I did. Soon though

ALarsh
05-21-2006, 02:10 PM
No license? 3 trailers? 2 trucks that you haven't even drove? 3 mowers? PICS? I don't think so........

J&R Landscaping
05-23-2006, 11:20 AM
All that equipment and no drivers license. Its either a lie or a huge succes story! Well see.............

J&R Landscaping
05-23-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm also in the same boat as zim. Looking for a bigger trailer but still not sure what size its gonna be. I know i am definitly gonna have another mower. Lookin into a 52" z or a 52" turf tracer hp. for next year