PDA

View Full Version : Is An Enclosed Trailer Worth the Extra $?

Husky03
05-17-2006, 11:29 PM
I need a bigger trailer to haul 2 ZTR's and I can't decide whether or not to go enclosed or open. I also don't know if my S10 can handle an enclosed. I want between a 6'x12' up to a 7'x14'.

Thanks...

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
05-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Id would say it is deffenitly worth the extra money. We have a 20ft enclosed mowing trailer and its great. Dont have to worry if it rains or about equiptment getting stolen or anything. Got a little work bench set up in the front and everything. Good luck.

Husky03
05-17-2006, 11:50 PM
I had ALL of my stuff stolen several years ago while I was on the other side of a property so I am very paranoid about my equipment being left out, but here is what I have been thinking. It would be easy for someone to sneak inside the enclosed while you were out of sight and then sneak out when you were out of sight again. With an open trailer they would be seen anywhere near the trailer. I mow in some rough areas of town.;)

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
05-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Yeah thats a good point. I havent had that problem and dont really mow in too many bad parts of town but I would think that if you atleast closed the door and latched it then most idiots wouldnt be able to figure out how to open it. If worse came to worse then you could always just lock it up I guess.

grassaholic
05-18-2006, 04:41 PM
I'd say get the enclosed trailer. If you mow in a bad area and are paranoid about your stuff being stolen you can lock it up. Getting an open trailer will put you in the same position you were in before. If your not within eyesight of your rig, someone can run off with your stuff. If it's in a locked enclosed trailer it doesn't matter where you are. As far as an S-10 pulling it, I don't know. Sounds like maybe it's time to upgrade to a full size truck also.

Ron's Lawncare
05-18-2006, 06:06 PM
my 7x14 enclosed weighs almost 3000 lbs empty an s-10 would have a real hard time pulling it.nevermind trying to stop it!!!!