PDA

View Full Version : Intial thoughts on my new 440

ksss
05-18-2006, 01:19 AM
I have had my new 440 for several days now. Initial thoughts are very positive. The feel in the controls is outstanding. Extremely low effort. It isn't pilot but it is, I would estimate, 90% as effortless as pilots with much better "feel" than pilots. The new engine has all the power my 70XT had but is easier on fuel and quieter. The cab controls are nice. Finally the automotive quality climate controls and better air ducting I have been waiting for. The response from the employees has been very positive. The push buttom park release button takes some getting used to. I guess if your a Bobcat guy your used to the button release. I am used to dropping the safety bar and going to work. It has trigger controls for the ride control and two speed very nonfatiguing. So far I am very happy.

Squizzy246B
05-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Well, C'mon...where's the bloody pictures Kaiser???:rolleyes:

larryh57
05-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Kaiser, I just received my 440 on the 15th, what a power-house. :weightlifter: I didn't order the two speed, high flow or air cond, I decided they were too expensive for the amount I would use them, Hope I don't regret it.:hammerhead:
Cost me 37k for it, a low profile extended bucket and a set of forks. What did you give for yours?

Scag48
05-23-2006, 07:07 PM
I agree with Squizzy, where are the pics? I guess I won't complain too much, I still haven't posted pics of the 312 or the 277, but hey, I'm a busy guy these days :rolleyes:

mrusk
05-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Kaiser, I just received my 440 on the 15th, what a power-house. :weightlifter: I didn't order the two speed, high flow or air cond, I decided they were too expensive for the amount I would use them, Hope I don't regret it.:hammerhead:
Cost me 37k for it, a low profile extended bucket and a set of forks. What did you give for yours?

I thought i was wasting money getting the ac/heat on my 246. But i use them every day!! It was cold this morning, i needed the heat!! I will never buy a machine without enclosed cab and heat/ac.

Matt

Scag48
05-23-2006, 10:03 PM
^^Me either, it rained all weekend and I was in the 277 with zero complaints at the end of the day. Although I hate the claustrophobic feeling in skid steer cabs, they're so small!

ksss
05-23-2006, 11:55 PM
If I told you what I paid it will make you an unhappy camper. This is my 14th or so CASE skid steer so I may be on the volume pricing. The power of the machine is awesome. My employees really like it. Much faster than the 70XT. Probably has no more power than the 70 had but dam it is fast. It also appears to be better on fuel than the 70XT which wasn't bad considering the power, but I am really liking the economy of this machine. With this machine I am swapping out my old flat face couplers for the new style. Nothing like dropping 750.00 on couplers for all my attachments. I'll get some pictures soon.

qps
05-24-2006, 12:01 AM
If I told you what I paid it will make you an unhappy camper. This is my 14th or so CASE skid steer so I may be on the volume pricing. The power of the machine is awesome. My employees really like it. Much faster than the 70XT. Probably has no more power than the 70 had but dam it is fast. It also appears to be better on fuel than the 70XT which wasn't bad considering the power, but I am really liking the economy of this machine. With this machine I am swapping out my old flat face couplers for the new style. Nothing like dropping 750.00 on couplers for all my attachments. I'll get some pictures soon.

Oh come on....after the grilling I took on the Takeuchi:laugh:

Squizzy246B
05-24-2006, 10:16 AM

Thats interesting. Everything new I get into these days seems to eat diesel at twice the rate....Am I the only one that thinks the current generation of band aid engines (for emission compliance) burning a whole lot more fossil fuel is a tad ironic????:confused: :confused:

ksss
05-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Yea I have found that to generally be true. What I find interesting is that in order to get cleaner emissions they burn more fuel. I have noticed this progression since 1994. Each new machine was more thirsty than the one preceeding it. Great concept. I don't know why this machine does better. It is not a 3.9 Cummins but the Iveco/Cummins motor. We would get 8-9 hours on the 70XT and we are getting 13 hours on the 440.

ksss
06-18-2006, 01:47 PM
This machine is an excellent grading skid steer. The control system once you get acclimated to it is awesome. Great control, not jumpy yet excellent response far exceeding the E/H controls in the response area and more controllable than pilots. I was concerned that I was losing out not waiting for the release of the pilots, I am not sorry. This machine is very non fatiguing to operate. I believe that this motor has a greater lugging ability than the 3.9 had. I really like running this machine, unfortunately I don't get to spend as much time in it as I would like to. I am considering trading my 95XT to a 465 just to get this control system. CASE did a great job on that control system. Having an issue with the hyd. coupler. It requires you to hit the button and bring the bucket to full roll back to release the pins. I much rather preferred the coupler on the 95XT which is flip switch and hit aux. hyds. to activate coupler release. Other than the hyd. coupler not much to complain about, although they made the air cleaner more difficult to change thanks to piping that goes across the filter box. Not quite sure yet how that is going to work. If anyone is looking for a high hp machine in the 2200 ROC range it is definitely worth a demo.

jazak
06-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Pics? Even Scag got his on. Com'on :laugh: