PDA

View Full Version : Kubota KX41-3 Excavator Hub concern

Bill Eh
05-19-2006, 08:34 AM
When I began removing the drain plug in left hub of my Kubota KX41-3 excavator to change the oil in the track drive motors, the entire hub rotated. The other side didn't. I had a heck of a time wedging the hub so I could get the drain plug out. When I called the dealer the mechanic simply said "sometimes that happens". He didn't seem to think it was a problem. Does anyone know if that can lead to problems in the future. For example leakage around the hub? Thanks.

Squizzy246B
05-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Bill, a competitor of our has one and I believe the same thing happens.

toolshednc
05-19-2006, 11:59 PM
If your hub has allen head screws like my Kubota KX121-3 I use an electric impact with an allen socket. They ususally come right out without having to wedge it. Then I use a regular ratchet to reinstall them.

Bill Eh
05-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Yes it does have the allen key heads. I'll try the impact wrench with the allen key. I thought of that but at the time didn't have the correct size so I was using the allen key and man were those plugs in tight. My big concern now is will the fluid leak out or water get in. Guess time will tell. I hope Kubota will come good if it does happen.