PDA

View Full Version : Added responsibility

AUHort1990
05-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Yesterday I was told that as of Monday not only will I be maintaining our landscape, I will also be responsible for the maintenance (cleaning) of our 6 parking decks. We have 2 crew members who are doing this now...but since they were not doing their job to their full potential they are now my employees. They will also have 2 summer employees starting Monday. Looks like I'm gonna be having some fun getting the decks into shape.

John B Laidlaw
05-22-2006, 01:35 PM
I know how you feel!!!! I'm the grounds supervisor but recently mgmt decided to throw Delivery and Set Ups into the mix for me to manage. I can barely manage what I'm doing now! I do the sports field, inner campus turf and landscapes, and another campus a mile away. Plus I have to over see the management of our private contractors. Of course they did not give me any raise or incentive. Nice, huh?:hammerhead:

I just do the best I can. Good Luck!

MarcSmith
05-22-2006, 01:58 PM
I guess I'm lucky...our parking office takes care of the parking structures, IE cleaning ect... Bummer that you lost the landscape. thats usually the most fun...I hate dealing with the road side of the grounds area...and having to haul barricades around for the special events....

AUHort1990
05-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Oh, I haven't lost the landscape. I still do that. I just have to make sure the parking deck crew does their job as well as take care of the landscapes.

fulano
05-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Of course they did not give me any raise or incentive. Nice, huh?:hammerhead:

I just do the best I can. Good Luck!

Sounds like you aren't appreciated and should go out on your own.

MarcSmith
05-22-2006, 03:26 PM
sorry I can't read...:) My boss has been out for about 5 weeks now so I have been filling his shoes. again no extra $$$ but in some cases showing the higher-ups that you can do the work with out complaining or having any problems is good fodder come annual review time.... I know I'll put it to good use next year...Of course I have been gunning for my bosses job for a while now and since he's been here for 30 years he's due to retire. maybe being sick will be the motivation for him...

My biggest fear is that I'll get the athletic fields back...with their people....UGH:cry: