PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with alberta spruce removal

jfurm
05-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Hey folks I need some help.

I have a costomer who would like me to remove three dwarf alberta spruces.
They are about 10' tall and are really close to the concrete front pourch.

What would be the best way to go about this, can they be pulled out using a truck or would it be best to cut them down and then grinde out the stumps.
keep in mind that they are among other plants that she dosen't want damaged if at all possible. also what would be a fair price for this?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Jeff

gqnine44
05-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Thats a big Alberta spruce! They shouldnt be too hard to dig out. I would probably charge around $295 + dump charges.

jfurm
05-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the info. What is the root system like with these type of trees

Dstosh
05-21-2006, 09:02 PM
If they are ten foot they are probably really really old. I would Imagine the root systems are pretty advanced I would try the Cut and grind method.

Rollacosta
05-22-2006, 10:03 AM
If they are ten foot they are probably really really old. I would Imagine the root systems are pretty advanced I would try the Cut and grind method.

I agree with the above poster ,cut and grind ,you'll never pull them out with a truck ,and even if you did chances are you will break up any surrounding concrete, brickwork etc etc

carcrz
05-22-2006, 05:49 PM
I agree w/ previous post. Don't try to pull them unless you want to pour some concrete when you're done.

GoBrowns247
05-22-2006, 10:51 PM
I just pulled out one alberta spruce today. It was about 8 feet tall and right next to a concrete front porch. Took it out with a shovel in 10 min. Easy money. I would not worry about disturbing the concrete. I have only seen taxus or big trees that have roots big enough to lift concrete. Get a shovel and earn the money.

jfurm
05-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all the input fellas. You have all been very helpful. I am hopeing to do the job in the next week or so i'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks again

Jeff

J&R Landscaping
05-23-2006, 12:12 PM
I have dug out quite a few of them. Some bigger, some smaller. They are at times tideous to remove but they could be a lot harder! Depending on how concentrated the other plants are will dictate wheter you have the room to dig them out without damaging any other plants.

CAG
05-25-2006, 12:43 AM
I Have Dug Out Plenty Of Full Size Alberta's And They Always Come Out Extermely Easy.. If I Had Only 2 Or 3 To Pull Out I Probably Wouldn't Even Load Up The Backhoe.. Well Second Thought I Would Use The Backhoe But You Get The Point.. Should Be A Simple Job..