PDA

View Full Version : Shed progress pics III

mcwlandscaping
05-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Here are the updates, we have three walls pretty much sided, just have to finish the tops of each gable end and do the front siding. Weather permitting siding should be done tomarrow and roof should start. Here are a few new pics.

mcwlandscaping
05-19-2006, 08:38 PM
pic two.........

mcwlandscaping
05-19-2006, 08:39 PM
last one for today.....inside, its amazing how much smaller it looks inside once the siding is up!!:dizzy:..........that scaffolding you see in the pic has been awsome, especially when hanging those roof joists. Also, those horizontal joists on the left of the pic, that will be the loft.

jmurphy
05-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Its commin good Mike !!!!! As a great man once said WOO HOO!!!!!lol

Lazer_Z
05-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Mike, I'm lovin your shed I'd love to build something like that but, I'm gonna save my $$ for an enclosed trailer. Could you post a pic of the entrance to your shed and the path you have to take? I can't quite picture how you get in and out.

Thanks
Rob

mcwlandscaping
05-19-2006, 09:59 PM
yea rob, i can understand how you can't see it, that was kind of in the design keeping security in mind even though it takes longer to get in and out with my equipment. The door is on the far side of the front wall (the only one not sided in the above pics) and on the opposite side of that evergreen. This was the most functional design when thinking about all the other stuff that goes on in our backyard. A ramp is going to be fabricated and our roll up door should be ordered soon. hope that clears up the location of the door for you, let me know, if you cant still understand and ill do some photo editing and such to make sure it is clear. Im having so much fun doing this!!

zim bob the landscaper
05-19-2006, 10:38 PM
wow mike lots of progress you have made. have fun!!

Lazer_Z
05-20-2006, 10:25 AM
It's looking good Mike, I can't wait to see it all finished.

Rob

jblawns123
05-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Looks good, what are the dimensions?

Maybe I am wrong but don't you just use T111 right to the studs? Why the plywood and T111?

mulcahy mowing
05-20-2006, 10:29 AM
nice mike! coming along great!

mcwlandscaping
05-21-2006, 10:07 PM
jblawns123-- The front of the siding comes pre primed so thats why it looks like ply on the back, its not exactly T1-11, its a little different, the front is impregnated with a protective surface then pre primed. We just put that right up to the studs.

mcwlandscaping
05-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Siding is all done, loft is close to completion, facia boards have the first coat of primer on them and should be up shortly, roof sheathing will start soon after that is completed. We are making some modifications to the roof to give us a lot more storage capacity, that will be easier shown in pics than told about when its done. More pics will come when more steps have been completed, i want this thing done so bad but at the same time im enjoying working on it so much.

J&R Landscaping
05-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Its comming along great. Once its all done youll have plenty of time to kick back, relax and enjoy!

mcwlandscaping
05-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Can't wait, everyday of trying to get my landscaping and mowing done as fast as possible without screwing up then working on the shop till 8:30 is tiring, then ive got hw that i sometimes do!!:laugh:

My mom keeps telling me its not a shop, but to me it is. Its everything that i will need to maintain, store and fix all my stuff inside there. Its like any big shop except much smaller, but it will work perfectly for me!

Painting facia boards sucks!!!

Landscape89
05-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Sweet man. That'll look awesome when its done! Good luck with the rest of it

wacaweed
05-23-2006, 11:48 PM
great work on the shed keep us posted

mcwlandscaping
05-24-2006, 08:32 PM
roof trim and facia board was finished today and the roof sheathing was started as well

mcwlandscaping
05-29-2006, 01:14 AM
one row of roof shingles left, then the sofet, vertical trim, and the door and its done (not including interior stuff) i should be moving most of my stuff in tomarrow!!! great timing for a three day weekend!!

willretire@40
05-29-2006, 07:09 PM
what happen to you posting pics as you go along. Stop holding out on us.