PDA

View Full Version : ISUZU NPR owners. I need your help.

Cheryl
05-20-2006, 12:13 PM
After the engine starts, the oil light stays on a second longer than the rest. I don't remember it being that way all the time (have the truck for 3 years), but it is possible. The oil level is correct, and recently changed. I had it done to see if maybe that was a possible problem???? - no change -. The truck is a 95 1/2 TCD.

If you don't see the same thing, or have an owners manual (they are hard to find) Look up the possible causes for this, and let me know. If you know a message board that may help tell me too. I've looked, but haven't found.

Thanks

oldrustycars
05-21-2006, 02:30 AM
did this just start after the oil change? are you sure the correct weight oil was used? and some filters have an anti-drainback, so the filter stays full. if the replacement doies not have that, the oil pressure will stay low until the filter fills up. i dont know if your truck has that type of filter, but sometimes a cross referenced filter may screw on, but isnt the correct one. maybe try a genuine isuzu filter. is this a diesel? another thing to try is using a mechanical oil pressure gauge, and see what the pressure does. i dont trust those idiot lights.

vntgrcr
05-21-2006, 06:43 AM
While we are on the subject of oil pressure, I just realized that my trucks sending unit is not hooked up to any wires. And there are none near it that have the correct connections on them. Can any of you provide me with the color of wire that is coming out of your wire loom that connects to your oil pressure sending unit on the pass.side of the engine near the flywheel. Thanks

Ax Man
05-21-2006, 10:25 AM
On my 93, 3.9 diesel a yellow wire comes off it about 2 inches then a connecter- switches to blue with red stripes before going into the harness.
good luck!

vntgrcr
05-21-2006, 05:23 PM
On my 93, 3.9 diesel a yellow wire comes off it about 2 inches then a connecter- switches to blue with red stripes before going into the harness.
good luck!
AX MAN,
Thanks that is exactly what I needed. I appreciate your help.
David

Cheryl
05-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Oldrusty,

No. The oil change had nothing to do with the problem. I had it before I did it. I thought I said that in my post, but apparently not clear enough.

vntgrcr,

Get your own post :rolleyes:

Nobody's got a manual? It doesn't have to be from a 95.

Lawn Masters
05-21-2006, 05:47 PM
were it me, I'd be going ahead and putting a new aftermarket oil pressure sending unit and gauge in to read the actual pressure you're getting.

Ax Man
05-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Gee Cheryl,
no need to get wound up.... One for all and all for one....
My truck does the same thing, I think it just takes a little longer for the oil sender to get the message out. could be a dirty connection? wear?
I guess if you are really worried you could go for the manual oil pressure guage, as rusty cars suggests.

Cheryl
05-21-2006, 09:29 PM
I didn't say it in a bad way Ax. Anyway you had the answer for me. All I needed to know was if it happened on other trucks. I had a feeling it had to do with the delay in building oil pressure. A friend said the same thing. Like I said in the original post. I just never noticed it. Actually, I am paying more attention to my lights now (long story).

oldrustycars
05-22-2006, 12:10 AM
i'd still install a proper oil pressure gauge. its very important, and can help detect trouble starting before it gets worse. good ones are less than 30 bucks. and i'd still try an OEM oil filter, just to see if it helps.

Cheryl
05-22-2006, 05:53 AM
I hear you Oldrust. I'll put that task in my to-do list. I would also like to install a transmission oil temp gage, and exhaust manifold temp gage.

What OEM oil filter are you talking about? I had them install the best filter when I had the oil changed.

vntgrcr
05-22-2006, 06:10 AM
Oldrusty,

No. The oil change had nothing to do with the problem. I had it before I did it. I thought I said that in my post, but apparently not clear enough.

vntgrcr,

Get your own post :rolleyes:

Nobody's got a manual? It doesn't have to be from a 95.
Hey Cheryl,
Why don't you get over yourself. What a great attitude you have that you can't even see that your thread was able to HELP someone else. You really don't get it in regard to what this site is about. It would be a shame if your F'in motor blew up and you weren't able to get any help here. You get what you give loser.

oldrustycars
05-22-2006, 09:28 AM
i meant an actual Isuzu oil filter. just in case the cross referenced filter didnt have an anti-drainback, and the isuzu one does. just to see if thats the trouble, its a cheap fix. its like turning on a garden hose...if the water has run out of it, theres no pressure until it fills up. if there was a way so the water would not drain out when you turn the water off, you would have instant water pressure when you turn it on. make sense?
some filter companies say their filter will fit just because it screws onto the engine. that doesnt meant it is the same, or works as well, as the original.
and a trans temp and exhaust temp (pyrometer) gauges are excellent ideas. they can help prevent very expensive repairs.

Cheryl
05-23-2006, 07:46 AM
David,

Did you see the happy face next to my comments? It means the words are said in jest. Also, profanity, name calling, and wishing bad things on someone, no matter how you spell them, are not good for your karma, or show good manners. Don't get yourself all worked up. It is just a forum.