PDA

View Full Version : Ups and Downs???

Gatewayuser
05-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Here is the situation. I am going to start to offer landscape lighting but I was thinking of starting a new company for it with a separate name instead of just using my landscape/lawn care name. The reason I think its a good idea is because it would be easier to track costs and market. What would be the down sides of doing this if any and what would be the positives? I already have 1 maintenance job from an existing grounds job.
Thanks!

dcondon
05-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Why not just keep the same co for everything. Lots less paperwork that way.:confused:

Gatewayuser
05-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Why not just keep the same co for everything. Lots less paperwork that way.:confused:

Well I was thinking it would be easier to market to people who already have a lawn care and landscape company they are happy with and I could take care of the lights without the company feeling like I am there to steal their job. It would also be easier to market to commercial customers I think.

work_it
05-20-2006, 11:43 PM
I've heard of others doing the same. What a concept. You arrive at a property to do a job, and while talking with the customer you can recomend your other company. Won't they be suprised to see you pull up to give them a bid on the other services...lol.

dcondon
05-20-2006, 11:44 PM
I guess it's up to you but also it depends on how hard you want to push the idea. I still would keep it the same. JMO:waving:

Gatewayuser
05-20-2006, 11:55 PM
I've heard of others doing the same. What a concept. You arrive at a property to do a job, and while talking with the customer you can recomend your other company. Won't they be suprised to see you pull up to give them a bid on the other services...lol.

No, it would be different person my brother would run one or the other he would prefer lighting he has manager and business experience. I already have the vehicle to do this and most of the tools so all it would mean is the paper work and I will be going to talk to my CPA when it rains. I have been training my brother to run my lawn and landscape business in case I ever get sick or go on a long trip, he is good when in charge of my other employee.