PDA

View Full Version : Search options

CSRA Landscaping
05-22-2001, 06:51 PM
Chuck, any chance that we could allow 3-letter words in the searches? I couldn't even do a search on 'dump bed' in the truck forum. Other times I've had problems, too, that's just the most recent one.

Eric ELM
05-22-2001, 07:26 PM
I changed it to 3 letters now, so search away. :)

CSRA Landscaping
05-22-2001, 07:27 PM
Thanks, Eric! Happy birthday/

Vibe Ray
05-22-2001, 09:49 PM
I've also noticed that there is no more option for searching in either subject only or entire message....why not? That was useful.

Eric ELM
05-22-2001, 10:05 PM
I just chatted with Pierre-Luc and he said we have to rebuild search index in admin control panel and he will do that in the early AM when the forum isn't busy. The 3 letter search will then work. :)

He is also going to check on adding the thread search.

BTW, welcome back Vibe Ray

plsoucy
05-23-2001, 05:47 PM
The search index is now rebuilt, so you should be in order to search for "dump bed" :)

Pierre-Luc

plsoucy
05-23-2001, 07:09 PM
You now have the possibility to search only in post titles... if you still need thread titles only, please tell.

Thanks!

Pierre-Luc

CSRA Landscaping
05-23-2001, 07:17 PM
Thanks!

Vibe Ray
05-26-2001, 02:49 PM
Thanx Pierre, that should help!!!

Toroguy
06-07-2001, 12:04 AM
A search feature I would like is:

The dates are from "in the beginning". It would be nice to have a date field for specific dates. For instance, I have started from the beginning and am reading through the old posts, when I stop at March 15th 2000. Then want to resume my reading on a future visit, I must start my search at "in the beginning" then keep clicking "next page" repeatedly at the bottom, to return to the March 15th 2000 posts.

Not a big deal, I think it would be a nice feature to lawnsite historians:)

Thanks again for this site!

Vibe Ray
06-07-2001, 09:17 PM
Another search feature you really should have is the ability to click match partial or match exact in the "search by keyword" field. You already have that option in the "search by user name" field, but it would help a lot if you put it in the "search by keyword" area as well. Thanx z lot!!!

Vibe Ray
06-14-2001, 09:55 PM
Pierre, read my above post and tell us if you can do it.

plsoucy
06-15-2001, 08:06 AM
I sure can do it, it depends if Chuck wants me to, as it takes some time.

I'll remind him about it.

Pierre-Luc

plsoucy
06-15-2001, 04:06 PM
I should add the feature somewhere this weekend.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc Soucy

plsoucy
06-15-2001, 05:02 PM
Thought about it a little more and it would quite tough to do because of the boolean operators (AND as example) that are allowed.

I think you can do what you want by using stars (*)... suppose you want to search for lawnsite, lawn, law and lawyer, just type law* and it will find anything that starts with law, *law* will search anything that contains law, etc. You can put stars anywhere in your query.

Is it what you wanted or there's still something you can't do with that feature?

Regards,

Pierre-Luc

Originally posted by Vibe Ray
Another search feature you really should have is the ability to click match partial or match exact in the "search by keyword" field. You already have that option in the "search by user name" field, but it would help a lot if you put it in the "search by keyword" area as well. Thanx z lot!!!