PDA

View Full Version : Schematic for Pavers Over Concrete Steps

Dreams To Designs
05-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Does anyone have a drawing of a paver installation over existing concrete steps or landings. I have encountered a town that wants a permit and a drawing for installing pavers over an existing set of steps and landings. I have checked ICPI with no luck. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Looks like I may be drawing this one myself.

Kirk

kris
05-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Check the ICPI Site ..they may have something

kris
05-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Try this ICPI-19???

http://www.icpi.org/design/specs_details.cfm

Sorry , just noticed you said ICPI didnt have anything..is 19 not what you are looing for?

Drafto
05-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Does anyone have a drawing of a paver installation over existing concrete steps or landings. I have encountered a town that wants a permit and a drawing for installing pavers over an existing set of steps and landings. I have checked ICPI with no luck. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Looks like I may be drawing this one myself.

Kirk

No Kirk, I do not have a drawing but it would be easy to make one. I do have some photos though:

Dreams To Designs
05-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Dan, thanks. I have those pictures and many more like them, but the inspector asked for a drawing, so that is what he will get. Kris's links gave me what I need to get started and I will create a scaled overhead plan for the steps and landing, and I will be good. How about with your pics, you offer a description of construction?

By the way, Nice Job! Very clean.

Kirk

Drafto
05-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I actually have some step by step photographs showing how it is done.....a well known and knowledgeable contractor gave me the photos to use as a guide!

Dan

Dreams To Designs
05-21-2006, 02:39 PM
And would consider sharing that information with others, so that we may too, learn? I still have to do the drawing for the inspector, but the photos would be great learning aids.

If I had your CAD skills, I could have had this done by now, but I'm going out into my own garden.

Kirk