PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked trailer

Tharrell
05-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Last tuesday, 5-16-06 I was headed out to the nursery to get a load of plants and a big reefer truck blew through a curve and took out my trailer. I swerved at the last minute because he was almost into my door.
Sweet huh?
He hit the front left corner and the left wheel. It pushed the metal all along the left side and broke the welds on the tailgate. All the expanded metal on the bed is wrinkled and the axle is bent.
I got $2600 for it as it sits and I took the wood, blower mate, spare tire and the tailgate helper I installed. It's a 6.5x12. I'm going to order a 6.5x14teshandsons trailer on tuesday. Sweet!
Oh yeah, I think I need a new bumper or a drawtite hitch!

oldrustycars
05-21-2006, 04:43 PM
youre lucky thats all it was. seems like you came out alright on this deal.

grass_cuttin_fool
05-21-2006, 04:51 PM
That might be one time that a bumper hitch might have saved you. If that had been hooked to the frame you would prob be looking for a truck also by the way that looks

wayne

funkigreasemonki
05-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Wow, it definitely sounds like quite a day. Also sounds like you made out pretty well given the circumstance. If it had happened a week ago, I would have had a bumper for you :( .... I just cleaned out a bunch of my old truck parts that I figured I'd never use again (one of which was a tow bumper from a dakota. Sorry

Tharrell
05-23-2006, 07:03 AM
I was gonna scrounge the junkyards for a bumper but it would be hard to find, so I bought a drawtite from etrailer. I just don't have the time right now. I'm working off the back of my truck as it is now.

outlaw1960
05-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Glad your ok, trailers can be replaced....

Tharrell
05-23-2006, 10:07 PM
The real pi$$er is I put $75 of lumber on it 2 days before so I could haul some mulch and they didn't pay for that because it wasn't on the replacement trailer estimate list.
Anyway, you guys are gonna freak when you see my new trailer. It won't be ready before somewhere around the 15th of July.
I got EXACTLY what I wanted!!! NO compromises!!! There's a similar trailer posted under "Yankee Clipper" made by the same guys.
Anyway, I'll try to find this thread when I get the trailer so I can post some pics.