PDA

View Full Version : Pressure washing..

Landscapes-r-us
05-21-2006, 04:16 PM
I keep seeing alot of you guys with pressure washers... How much do ya'll charge for a driveway that's about 107 by 10 ft?

Also, do you use a big water tank or just hook it up to the customers house?

Littleriver1
05-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Try this hope it helps.

http://www.dcs1.com/del/pricing.html

Landscapes-r-us
05-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the link. So for a 1,100 ft. driveway, a decent price would be about $110? At 10 cents per sq. ft.? How long would it take to do this?

mike lane lawn care
05-21-2006, 07:37 PM
it takes me about an hour to do my grandparents 1200 Sq Ft. driveway, but i am not doing it for speed, or buisness.

cessnasovereign
05-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Not too bad.. I just keep seeing everyone here talking about it so I'm wondering if I'm missing out.. Might also be a good incentive to offer for my new contracted customers as another freebie.

topsites
05-22-2006, 12:34 AM
It's not bad, but I am afraid of heights and the constant moisture bothers me, you will get soaking wet so if you're ok with that, the money I hear is good.

Guys who wash my house (I don't like powerwashing man), I don't care who's water they hook up to, so long my house is clean.

dtelawncare
05-22-2006, 01:44 AM
I have never did this(I don't have a washer anyways). As for the water supply, use the customers water supply. I would think most people would assume this is how you would do it. If the business picks up, buy a large tank and pump for areas without a water supply.

PMLAWN
05-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Not too bad.. I just keep seeing everyone here talking about it so I'm wondering if I'm missing out.. Might also be a good incentive to offer for my new contracted customers as another freebie.

Do not give away work!!!

If you really like to work for free just come up to my place for a day. Work all you want. I will even take you out on the Lake for dinner. But NEVER work for customers for free.

In general to the PW question--
Be a good LCO --OR--- be a good PW
Why do 2 jobs only 1/2 way right??

PMLAWN
05-22-2006, 11:37 AM
I have never did this(I don't have a washer anyways). As for the water supply, use the customers water supply. I would think most people would assume this is how you would do it. If the business picks up, buy a large tank and pump for areas without a water supply.
I have a PW for my houses and it needs a tank to draw from as most homes will not keep up- (really hard with a well) If you get one stay under 4 GPM if you intend to use just a hose. I have a 55Gal drum that we fill first and draw from that as we keep filling it. That works for about the time till we need to move anyway. As we reset the tank fills all the way back up. We push 8GPM.

jameson
05-22-2006, 11:40 AM
In general to the PW question--
Be a good LCO --OR--- be a good PW
Why do 2 jobs only 1/2 way right??

Funny, my guys can do both; and they only know one way to do a job: DO IT RIGHT!

Of course some may find pressure washing challenging...I dunno :waving:.

PMLAWN
05-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Funny, my guys can do both; and they only know one way to do a job: DO IT RIGHT!

Of course some may find pressure washing challenging...I dunno :waving:.

For the most part you are losing by being a solo and doing both. Different tools and maybe even a different trailer. Always some toll sitting idle not making money. Losing money (time) when you transfer from one set up to another. More maintenance of stuff and more cost in equipment and storage.

A large company with crews doing different things - sure, but I believe the solo hurts himself. Why spend another 4K to set up another thing when you can just keep cutting??

AAELI
06-04-2006, 08:43 AM
I just came down off of the roof after pressure washing it. Really helps cut the heat buildup due to mold/mildew. It is a business like any other...know your costs so you can make a profit. When the dry season comes here there is a lack of mowing and a need to wash and paint the concrete bunkers we call home. Can't paint during the rainy season as there never seems to be sunlight. Lots of grass to mow when it rains. 1"-3" a day of growth of all sorts of vegetative cover. If you have down time from mowing then the pressure washing may fit your schedule. I have had a 3500 psi washer for over 10 years with no problems. I lengthened the wand tube to 4' so as to wash without bending over.

DoetschOutdoor
06-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Pressure washing is easy money, anyone can do it, most customers do not have the equipment to do it themselves, etc. Why not offer pressure washing as one more thing to put cash in your pocket? Unless you are sooo busy that you dont have any extra time why not offer it. This week I will be pressure washing a deck, driveway, and gutters for 3 different people. Most customers I have found will pay top dollar for this service and it gives me somthing different to do from just mowing every week

J&R Landscaping
06-06-2006, 09:16 AM
A large company with crews doing different things - sure, but I believe the solo hurts himself. Why spend another 4K to set up another thing when you can just keep cutting??

I have looked into this and I don't know where your shopping or what type of power washer your shopping but I could get a 3400psi with a 11hp honda for 972 approx.

Other misc stuff, would total to about $1500 or so for me but I am not sure if you are shooping hot water or cold water machines.

jameson
06-06-2006, 09:37 AM
3500 psi? Careful you dont put holes in the patio with that. I use a 2750 psi unit, I paid around $550.00 a few years back. That machine has makes at least $3500.00 per year.

AAELI
06-13-2006, 04:50 PM
3500 psi? Careful you dont put holes in the patio with that. I use a 2750 psi unit, I paid around $550.00 a few years back. That machine has makes at least $3500.00 per year.

I have used the 3500psi unit for over 15 years with my previous model putting out 3000psi for almost 10 years until stolen. We use them to clean off the heavy equipment and to prepare concrete rooftops for elastomeric roof coating and concrete walls for painting.
It is best not to use the 0 dgreee nozzle as it definitely can put a hole in most anything. My son uses the 40 degree nozzle most of the time to do roof cleaning at .10 a square foot. He pulls in $400+ most mornings when I can get him to work.