PDA

View Full Version : tore up yard???

jacob land and
05-21-2006, 07:35 PM
i have a guy who lives a few blocks down from me that looks like he took a roto-tiller to his whole yard, didnt even cut the sod off? it is a mess because we got a ton of rain and i cant for the life of me figure out why you would do such a thing? i was going to go talk to him and see if he was interested in having me finish the job, from the way it looks i would have to go in and rake out all of the grass and regrade the yard and then re seed and put straw down. or do you think he did it for a reason....

topsites
05-21-2006, 09:16 PM
I've seen a lot of people do a lot of things to their yard, but the two things I don't do is question their motives or offer my help unless they ask first.

jacob land and
05-25-2006, 01:37 PM
bump bump bump

DuraCutter
05-26-2006, 01:51 AM
bump bump bump

Topsites is right, why run after him? Focus on work coming in with willing customers. Chances are this person is either in the middle of a plan or is a few wrenches shy of a tool set...

fulano
05-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Maybe he thought starting from scratch would be easier. Too many weeds clover, didn't like the type of grass he had. After he tilled he can grade it and reseed and put some straw on top. I did that to a not so level backyard I had a few years ago and I'm happy I did.

carcrz
05-26-2006, 10:50 AM
I did that to a friends yard. The people that lived in house prior to him had some huge dogs that left ruts all over the place. It was easier to till it all up, add a little fresh topsoil for enrichment & smooth it all out. Sometimes it is easier to take this route than to find all of the little holes & fill each one individually. It rained here too, but we had just started tilling so it didn't make much of a mess. We just put down some new seed last week, but it will look good!

AGLA
05-26-2006, 08:43 PM
He or she might be a granola who has read too much about how lawns are the worst thing since red meat and wants to go lawnless. Have you seen the homeowner? Look for socks in sandals or fuzzy legs and a sun hat. If you see these, then I'll stick to my theory.
:dizzy: