PDA

View Full Version : Fuel transfer tank

akerr
05-21-2006, 06:45 PM
I just got a dee zee transfer tank for my truck, but I am looking for some suggestions on attaching it to my truck. I have a tool box behind the cab that is fastened to the rails. The fuel tank is only 40 gallons and I want to be able to remove it if I have to so I don't want to permanently fasten it to the truck bed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
adam

Dstosh
05-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Ratchet Strap? Maybe One of those 2 1/2 " Ones.

lwcmattlifter
05-21-2006, 10:03 PM
I would just bolt it to the bed rails or bed floor, how ever it's supposed to be mounted and grounded. Having a loose metal tank with fuel in the back of your truck is a fire hazard. There is just too much of a chance of building static electricity with a tank that's not bolted to the bed.

JTF40
05-21-2006, 10:19 PM
I would just bolt it to the bed rails or bed floor, how ever it's supposed to be mounted and grounded. Having a loose metal tank with fuel in the back of your truck is a fire hazard. There is just too much of a chance of building static electricity with a tank that's not bolted to the bed.

If (if) he is haulin' diesel in this tank, it is NOT combustable - no danger at all. However, if it is used for gasoline, DEFINATELY permanantly mount it.:usflag:

akerr
05-21-2006, 10:34 PM
The tank will carry diesel and it will have a connection on the under side of the truck so I can remove the tank if i need to. I don't want to bolt it into the bed, I was thinking I could have a welder fabricate something so it could be fastened to my tool box which is bolted to the bed.

CutRight
05-22-2006, 04:46 PM
correction, diesel is combustable, not flammable.