PDA

View Full Version : Dingo's & Trenches

Cahsking
05-22-2006, 12:07 AM
I have used a couple back hoes to dig trenches for retaining walls. I was wondering how good would a Dingo be? Has anyone used a dingo for this purpose?? :confused:

Cahsking
05-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Ok wow all this Dingo talk on this site. And no one has ever used one to prep a retaining wall!!??

Pro-Scapes
05-22-2006, 08:42 PM
used one to level a hard to reach area but never for excavation. Also worked very well for moving backfill in otherwise unacsessable areas. More than enough power to move bucket fulls of blocks and blackfill as well as removing materials. I would would think your backhoe would dig alot better.

A+ for the dingo if accsesibility is an issue. I used a teramite machine recently to dig trenches for drainage lines and that was the best of both worlds. Compact backhoe and a bucket loader on the front end. It wouldnt go half the places a dingo will tho. Both the backhoe and the dingo have thier places. I suggest renting a dingo as I did and playing with it some.

Cahsking
05-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Termite...never played with one. The reason I'm looking into the dingo is b/c the edge of the flower bed is like three feet from the neighbors lawn. But something with a loader that I can used to dump 5-7 would be nice too. Thanks for the info.

YardPro
05-26-2006, 08:33 PM
i would think the dingo would be limited...
the backoe attachment is really expensive and the reach is not great..
i use mine for paver work but not for wall excavation.

carcrz
05-26-2006, 08:52 PM
We used a Dingo along a commercial building once because it was right beside a parking lot on a slight hill. They needed it dug all the way to the bottom of the wall, which was about 8 feet down & probably 75 feet long. It took 2 of us about 2 or 3 days to dig it (2 dingos back & forth). Then someone shot the wall w/ a sealer and layed some drain. Then we backfilled w/ rock & what we took out + about 45 yards of dirt. That took another 3 days. :dizzy: They are very simple to use (basically just like any loader that I have used).