PDA

View Full Version : Nextel Radio/Phone

General Grounds
05-22-2001, 10:50 PM
:angry: Does anyone out there have the same horrible reception i do. These things are horrible, one minute i have great reception, the minute i move my head dropped call.

stslawncare
05-22-2001, 10:55 PM
have never really had a problem with reception, sometimes they mess up billing in turn messes up services but thats about it

Groundcover Solutions
05-24-2001, 11:12 AM
I have the same problem with my nextels!!! But i ran into a nextel guy at a store the other day and he said that (at least in my area) they were planing on puting in 5 more towners. One of thoughs towers is going in the feild next to my school too!!!!!!!:blob3:

Volhunter
05-24-2001, 02:00 PM
I used to work for Nextel. They offer a great product, but in the case of ANY carrier, coverage is always an issue and nobody ever seems to have enough. The biggest suggestion I can give is to ask to see the site location map before you buy (if they will let you see it...generally they don't). We are blessed with pretty good coverage here and they are a great business tool, although they are not perfect.

General Grounds
05-24-2001, 09:33 PM
:blob3:tons of luck, they have promised new towers in our area for four years. today i purchased kenwood truck mount radios as well as some hand helds for a fraction of the cost per month, 15.00 per radio per month. nextel will be cancelled after install of new radio,s. Cya soon Tony

JML
05-24-2001, 11:05 PM
I have great reception in my area, everywhere i have used in NJ, it has worked. I don't have any complaints. I was told by my nextel salesman that the older nextels get the worst reception. I have the i2000 plus, and it works fine..

Volhunter
05-25-2001, 12:54 AM
General,
They are cheaper, but you will be even less happy with them. They might be good to start but just wait. hehe I do know the inside scoop on 2-ways, and it ain't good. Just hope you didn't spend a lot on the radios or signed a long-term contract. In the same breath, I hope you are the exception and have good luck with them for years to come.

Highpoint
05-25-2001, 01:19 AM
Used Nextell for about 2 years. Reception was 60/ 40 to the bad side. Went back to cellular. BUT these new digital phones suck the big kahuna too! I would much rather listen to static than a bunch of electronic warbling! Maybe some day we'll try dedicated 2-ways.

General Grounds
05-26-2001, 04:56 PM
:blob3: Hey guys, Thanks for your input so far, i am pleased to announce that the digatal kenwoods have been flawless for a few days now,anyone need info fell free to email, thanks tony