PDA

View Full Version : 24 acers! and young and inexperienced!

Lawns By Randy
05-22-2006, 08:09 PM
I have just received a 24 acer complex a power plant in the tulsa area it is mostly flat and level with open ground... it takes a 24 hour period about 9 hours a day straight. how much would you say was a fair price.... weedeating is also included... just wondering thanks!

MMLawn
05-22-2006, 08:27 PM
24 hours to cut it, 3 days at 9 hours a day??!! We do a 24 acre campus complex in 6 hours, every single monday. As a matter of fact I just posted a couple of pics of it last night in the pics section. If it takes you 24 then either you don't have the proper equipment or manpower or both. If you are solo unless you have a WAM this project is over your head.

Also if you bid it anyway, you can't bid (well you can but you won't get it because you'll be too high) based on wat you said above (24 hours/3 days). You'll have to bid it as if you had the proper setup to do it as the other companies will surely have which means probably no more than 8 hours on the property.

fulano
05-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Sounds like he already has the property and wants to check to see if he bid enough. "I have just received a 24 acer complex "

Lawns By Randy
05-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Sounds like he already has the property and wants to check to see if he bid enough. "I have just received a 24 acer complex "
I have already received the contract what would say was fair since you have already dealt in this thanks

MMLawn
05-22-2006, 09:11 PM
I don't give my exact prices out on open forums, but I can tell you that if you are solo, and since you don't already have the proper equipment (I see where you posted another thread wanting a mower) and if you are spending 3 days there, if you don't get $1500-$2000 per cut you will lose your azz. I could as well as other big and better equipped companies do it for less of course and would, but I don't see where you can. If you bid less than $1500 a cut which is still only $500 a day or only $55 an hour which is he least you should strive for, tell them you changed your mind so you don't go bankrupt.

ALarsh
05-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Well... what did you get the contract for?

Albemarle Lawn
05-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Depends on how many hours trimming.

Lets assume 6 hours trimming.

6 hours WAM = $900
6 hours trimming = $240

Total price: $1140. Work done with 2 people in 1 day, with a nice long lunch.

In 8 hours I can unload, work, take lunch, work more, and be loaded and gone.

PurpHaze
05-24-2006, 10:45 PM
...and be loaded and gone.

Most people wait until the work day is done to get loaded. <JK>:laugh:

Seriously... Our guys on the mowers mow an average of four school sites a day. Course they're using LARGE mowers. :)

carcrz
05-26-2006, 01:41 AM
I don't know what equipment you're using but I have mowed 25 acres & trimmed trees, fence line, pond, and around the house in a day. I started at six am up by the road & finished w/ the pond in the dark, but it can be done. I was using a 61" Ferris.

MountainMow
08-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Acers are maples:laugh:

Seriously though, maybe you could use this an opportunity to invest in some new equipment......It would probably be a god gig if you had the right the gear.

TriCountyLawn
08-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Well I would recomend a few things

1. Spray fences and around things that are not in direct view with round up to cut the trimming down a ton. This can save a ton of time.

2. Get a 72" Dixie Chopper or 2 . IMO large area mowing is where these mowers excell.

dvmcmrhp52
08-18-2006, 11:29 PM
I have already received the contract what would say was fair since you have already dealt in this thanks

If you already have the contract then I guess you already know what fair is, right?
You bid the job so I guess what you bid on it was fair?

Or maybe not?

battags
08-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Well, Randy, what happened? Did you buy a new mower?

johnnybravo8802
04-16-2008, 12:58 AM
I used to maintain a 19 acre church,ballfield,ditch,etc. that I could do by myself in a day with my 72" Exmark. Of course, I'd ride for 5-6hrs. straight and take a short break for lunch and a short water break between:confused: mowing and weedeating. My question, "why are you doing research after the fact?" and "why are you shooting for large properties when you have no experience?" I had the church with 28 yrs. of experience under my belt but I started out cutting granny's yard and built up which is what you should have done.

packey
04-17-2008, 01:46 PM
To be honest I would say one man solo it should take two 8 hour days with a 72 inch exmark. Now that if it is wide open mowing If you could run two men I could say you could complete in a day . Charles a wam would be great but for most of us it is not practicle. I would bid a 24 acre complex with out a wam. oh and my bid would be 1200 dollars. I would not do it for any less

stainedglass man
04-30-2008, 11:52 PM
I am stainedglass man .i have listed a 185 t-plex that might help if you get the job. check in the private equipment for sale on 2nd page.photos are there.good luck with the opportunity .