PDA

View Full Version : towable arrowboard

AintNoFun
05-23-2006, 09:57 PM
quick question, im looking to purchase an arrowboard for lane closures and what not. is it better to buy a diesel powered or solar powered board? any input would be appreciated. thanks

Scag48
05-23-2006, 10:33 PM
I've seen alot more solar powered boards more than anything else. As you can imagine, the downside is not having any sun, but I think the storage capacity of the batteries are immense to the point where you should be able to go at least 2 weeks with only a couple days of sun.

Cam22
05-23-2006, 11:57 PM
No question the solar powered is the way to go. With todays LED boards you can go for a long time with out any sun. The only problem with them is that the battery don't last forever and it can cost some cash to buy new ones.

AintNoFun
05-24-2006, 08:36 AM
thats what i figured. if we use it once or twice a week that will be alot so i think they should have plenty of time to charge if there is no sun. im looking for an led model but they are $$$$... i could get a nice solar halogen for about a grand, well see... thanks for the input...

TerraFirma Excavating
05-24-2006, 01:14 PM
This is funny http://www.zug.com/gab/index.cgi?func=view_thread&sort=active&head=1&thread_id=64475

Something to think about with your new sign.

DBL
05-24-2006, 02:20 PM
i always see penndot or your states dot or even township city or whatever selling them in auctions all the time for really cheap so check them out

DBL
05-24-2006, 02:26 PM
This is funny http://www.zug.com/gab/index.cgi?func=view_thread&sort=active&head=1&thread_id=64475

Something to think about with your new sign.

i just went and read this thats pretty funny

AintNoFun
05-24-2006, 03:27 PM
lol that is funny. those boards are alot more than the board i want though. i need just a simple arrow board.. a lot of businesses now are renting those message boards around to here to let you know about sales or specials and its very annoying...

i just went and read this thats pretty funny