PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Walkways

OX Landworks
05-24-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm trying to keep an open mind for walkway, and even patio materials. I do a lot of flagstone, and pavers, I'm just looking for another option to offer my customers. What are some of the things that you guys like to use?

Anyone use the very large pieces of flagstone? Or how about decomposed granite with some type of polymer bonding agent?

cgland
05-24-2006, 01:53 PM
How about travertine marble.

Chris

funkigreasemonki
05-24-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm a big fan of plywood :jester: ... And I even paint it any color they want!

Squizzy246B
05-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Recycled bricks with a mortared paver edge "can" look good in the right setting but they are a PITA.

We do poured limestone sometimes which is basically crushed limestone and cement...but its all in the finishing.

PurpHaze
05-24-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm a big fan of plywood :jester: ... And I even paint it any color they want!

Cool!!! And when they tire of it as a walkway then all they have to do is prop it up and instant fence. Sounds like a trailer park solution. :laugh: :drinkup:

OX Landworks
05-25-2006, 12:30 AM
How about travertine marble.

Chris

I have thought about something like this, or possibly slate. Would this be something that would be set ontop of a concrete base?

hickslawns
05-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Hey now, don't make fun of the plywood! I just got done using my plywood sidewalk of 8 months. Home addition project (nearly) completed from the winter coupled with customers jobs that pay the bills=my front walk just now poured today.
There are different concrete pours you can use. Dyes, stamping, etc. Just another option. For what it is worth, I am sure glad not to have to walk the planks :walking: to get to my front door anymore!:cool2:

PurpHaze
05-25-2006, 07:40 AM
Hey now, don't make fun of the plywood! I just got done using my plywood sidewalk of 8 months.

So now paint it a different color, prop it up and you have instant fencing. :)

hickslawns
05-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Purphaze- You know you might be onto something here. By the time I finish the pavers over the concrete out front, concrete pad and pavers in the rear, and additional landscaping, I am not sure I will have the cash left to add more fencing around the extended back patio. I might take you up on your idea. In fact, I most definately am. After all, $3 grand in pavers and materials, my labor on the project and painted plywood fencing sounds like a great combination. lol

PurpHaze
05-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Purphaze- You know you might be onto something here. By the time I finish the pavers over the concrete out front, concrete pad and pavers in the rear, and additional landscaping, I am not sure I will have the cash left to add more fencing around the extended back patio. I might take you up on your idea. In fact, I most definately am. After all, $3 grand in pavers and materials, my labor on the project and painted plywood fencing sounds like a great combination. lol

LOL... Just can't wait to see the pictures on that one. :laugh: