PDA

View Full Version : Cut Grass Too Short-What to do?

Want2BGreen
05-24-2006, 09:52 AM
I've been in my home for 5 years now and this is the first time I've been ecstatic with my lawn. It's green, thick and relatively weed free.

I came home Saturday evening to find that my neighbor (for whatever reason) had cut a section of my lawn down to about an inch! Some places you can see all the way down to the dirt, other places grass is sticking up- it's a mess.

It's been a dry week and I've been watering everyday. Is this the best thing for it? Do I just have to wait for it to grow or is there something else I should be doing to protect what is left? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Rtom45
05-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Right now, watering is the best thing you can do. If you haven't fertilized lately, a little fertilizer will help. Maybe threaten your neighbor so it doesn't happen again.

Want2BGreen
05-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Thanks. The guy doesn't actually live there yet- is renovating- so I haven't been able to catch him to threaten or beg to please don't do that again.

Can you recommend a good summer fertilizer? The temps here are in the upper 70s and it hasn't rained in about a week. Forcasted for about 5 days of rain starting tomorrow though. Thanks.

newz7151
05-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Can you recommend a good summer fertilizer? The temps here are in the upper 70s and it hasn't rained in about a week. Forcasted for about 5 days of rain starting tomorrow though. Thanks.

Temps in the upper 70s are considered summer there?.. weird. How big of an area got whacked down like that?

Want2BGreen
05-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Ok- well not necessarily summer- late spring then... it's been weird weather wise this year.

The entire part between my driveway and the end of my yard- I'd guess a 10'x30' section.

upidstay
05-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Call your local Lesco guy. www.lesco.com and type in your zip, it will give you the closest store. Then smack your neighbor. Hard.

Nosmo
06-12-2006, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=

The entire part between my driveway and the end of my yard- I'd guess a 10'x30' section.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that frost yah. Wonder what in the world that guy was thinking when he cut yours and that short too.

lawnmaniac883
06-12-2006, 05:18 PM
I think I would go over the area with some topsoil. Apply a thin even layer of topsoil to the scalped area using the flat backside of a garden rake to spread. No fert IMO, that will just finish the grass off.