PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Materials in Ontario

sealing_guy
05-24-2006, 10:39 PM
I am starting up an Asphalt Sealing company for this summer in the Belleville/Kingston Area. I have two questions,
1. Where is the best place to purchase materials in bulk? I've seen the 5 gallon contractor pails in RONA but they are 30 bucks! Does anyone know of a place in Ontario where i can purchase materials at a decent price or where i should look?
2. I'm looking into getting a spray system, but as a student, I'm trying to keep the amount i invest at a minimum. I have a utility trailer already, does anyone know what the best way to get a spray system for a decent price?
thanks!

kirk brown
05-25-2006, 01:42 PM
look into some of ray gauthier`s threads. he has alot of answers for ontario guy`s. I know there is a place in ottawa to fill up.(kinda far drive for you though)

shepoutside
05-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Hi

Here is a link for equipment, near you

http://www.protectasphalt.com/

and here is a link, for bulk in Canada

http://www.mcasphalt.com/about2.html

Hope this helps :)

Up-Lands
06-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Hey,
How's business going sealing_guy?
What kind of sealer did you end up getting?
I've started up a sealing business in Ottawa, I'm using coal tar with diamond shield hardner. Seems to be a good product and you don't need to register for a tdg.
It's expensive enough because of shipping but if you're interested let me know because more you order the cheaper it is.

tedford69
08-12-2007, 02:45 AM
Lafarge in Odessa sells it, I've never bought it there but friends have

Flyer123
10-13-2007, 07:27 PM
I have found a place here in Pickering Innovative Products that sellls Sealer

Google the name and it comes up.

I have been quoted $1.32 per litre

Hope this helps Good luck

tedford69
10-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Hey Flyer I would try McAsphalt in the Toronto area first before you use the other guy because I was picking it up for $1.10 per litre from them in Ottawa. Check them out before you start paying out mucho dollars.

pusher21
01-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey what kinda licenses or permit do you need to transport and apply sealer in ontario TIA

shepoutside
01-09-2008, 07:53 PM
It depends on how much you haul. You do need to registar your tank(s), which most suppliers will set you up for.